Pasped Skylark W1 from Lionheart - Released!

Thread: Pasped Skylark W1 from Lionheart - Released!

Pasped Skylark W1 from Lionheart - Released!

Bill Lyons has released an MSFS version of the Pasped Skylark (full MSFS detail, not a portover of his FSX version) on the MSFS Marketplace. It's a bargain $14.95, and should be an easy buy for people who like classic 1930's planes.

This was a heck of rare bird: Only one was built in 1935. It’s still airworthy today, though! As a lover of the 1930s “art deco” era of plane design, of rare aircraft, and since I know Bill makes good stuff, I picked it up since it was just $14.95. Definitely worth every penny!

The model looks great inside and out! There are modern radios and a transponder hidden in the glove compartment, if you’d like a little ATC with your classic flying. Handling feels on the numbers for a plane of its era.

Doors open, you can fly with the canopy open or closed, and you can open the battery compartment behind the engine when you’re on the ground.

Only real complain is that, though you can fly with the canopy open, the audio doesn't change. In my real-life experience opening a canopy in flight (one flight in a T-34), the engine noise doesn't increase significantly, but buy, does the wind noise. Hope Bill addresses Otherwise, though, looks and flies great!

Thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting for this one.

Good to see it again!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thinking of buying the plane, but just hate to see that guy in the cockpit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Thinking of buying the plane, but just hate to see that guy in the cockpit.
    We call that guy, "Sporty". ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Wow, Bill let it out sooner than I expected. Need to fire up the sim and pick this one up!

Was one of my favorites in FS04 and FSX.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

You know I was going to say it would be great if the Skylark came in a float version. Apparently it does! SOLD!d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Just a heads-up.

I've tried twice now to purchase the Skylark through the Marketplace using the Steam version of MSFS. Once last night and again this AM. Both purchases failed. So, I've now paid twice for an aircraft I didn't get.

I let MSFS run all night because the Skylark purchase window had a note that "Another transaction is pending. Please wait a few moments......". Still nothing this AM.

I've only had one other transaction fail while using the Marketplace. This event makes me real leery of ever using the Marketplace again without an easier way to rectify a failed purchase.

Forest

Bill Lyons?? Or Ortiz?
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Bill Lyons?? Or Ortiz?
    Lionheart Creation http://lionheartsimulations.com/ .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FAC257 View Post
    Just a heads-up.

I've tried twice now to purchase the Skylark through the Marketplace using the Steam version of MSFS. Once last night and again this AM. Both purchases failed. So, I've now paid twice for an aircraft I didn't get.

I let MSFS run all night because the Skylark purchase window had a note that "Another transaction is pending. Please wait a few moments......". Still nothing this AM.

I've only had one other transaction fail while using the Marketplace. This event makes me real leery of ever using the Marketplace again without an easier way to rectify a failed purchase.

Forest
    Try here:
    https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Bill Lyons?? Or Ortiz?
    That would be Bill Ortis of Lionheart Creations
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post

Tom,

I actually have the web pages tagged with the instructions on how to follow up on a failed purchase and paying twice for the same product. One is completely useless and the other asks to send them more info than an IRS audit. At this point, I think my time is more valuable to me than the $15 and the aggravation of pulling together an encyclopedia of proof of purchase. I may think differently in a day or so. :-)
    https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...the-Buy-button
    https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...place-purchase

It is only $15 dollars lost and not 30$, as Steam did refund one of the transactions as a double charge, since my earlier post

Thanks,
    Forest

Third times the charm. So, she's finally in my hanger.....or just outside my hanger. :-)

Noticed the refund in my Steam wallet, so I tried through the Marketplace again and it worked.

Forest

Wow, what an awesome looking aircraft. Anything ‘30s is a must buy for me!

Beautiful!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Third times the charm. So, she's finally in my hanger.....or just outside my hanger. :-)

Noticed the refund in my Steam wallet, so I tried through the Marketplace again and it worked.

Forest
    I'm not on Steam, but have found that my Marketplace purchases only work if I start MSFS NOT as an Administrator.
    T43

Need a few brave souls to test Skylark liveries.

If you have the Pasped Skylark installed, would you be willing to beta test two liveries (one for wheeled version, one for float version).
    I am trying to see if once installed in community folder they will show up under the Pasped Skylark selection option.
    If you are interested please send me a private message and I will link you to file. All I ask of you is to tell me if they show up.
    If not do you have suggestions to fix issues.
    Thanks

Jim

Bumping as I unstick...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Goldman View Post
    If you have the Pasped Skylark installed, would you be willing to beta test two liveries (one for wheeled version, one for float version).
    I am trying to see if once installed in community folder they will show up under the Pasped Skylark selection option.
    If you are interested please send me a private message and I will link you to file. All I ask of you is to tell me if they show up.
    If not do you have suggestions to fix issues.
    Thanks

Jim
    Got a volunteer. Denny agreed and all installed well.
    I am in the process of finishing off a few updates to textures.
    Will release this weekend at Flightsim.to
    Again thanks for the help.
    Best
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Goldman View Post
    Got a volunteer. Denny agreed and all installed well.
    I am in the process of finishing off a few updates to textures.
    Will release this weekend at Flightsim.to
    Again thanks for the help.
    Best
    Jim
    File had been released at Flightsim.to
    Thanks for all the help.
    Best
    Jim

SOH-CM-2024
    It's really a beauty. The only problem I have had is that I cannot get the fuel selector switch to work. It's very close to the parking brake and easy to mid-click either, but the fuel selector stays on Main, will not budge. Love the airplane though.

Cazzie

Cazzie,

The Fuel Selector has a finicky click spot. I have to position the view low and to the left of the selector, to get "out of the way" of the Parking Brake Lever. Even then I have to search around the center of the selector until it turns into the left or right rotate click spot symbol. It's a very small click spot.

Forest

SOH-CM-2024
    Cazzie,

The Fuel Selector has a finicky click spot. I have to position the view low and to the left of the selector, to get "out of the way" of the Parking Brake Lever. Even then I have to search around the center of the selector until it turns into the left or right rotate click spot symbol. It's a very small click spot.

Forest
    Many thanks. For the record my Christian name is Forest also.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Many thanks. For the record my Christian name is Forest also.

Pretty cool. I've met a few in my life, but not many. The single "r" version seems to be the least common. :-)

Forest

Members who have read this thread: 1