Akemi ki43-1k Oscar 11 Sentai skinpack UT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Akemi ki43-1k Oscar 11 Sentai skinpack UT

Akemi ki43-1k Oscar 11 Sentai skinpack UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Japanese

Description: Akemi ki43-1k Oscar skinpack1 by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Akemi's ki43-1k Oscar for CFS 2. It uses one of the excellent skins released by Morton as it's base. The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. A dull camo sheen model is supplied for these later camouflaged planes.

The airfile only has a description changed to read in English. The textures have been redrawn to try & match the stock textures in appearance, & depict a variety of 11 Sentai aircraft at different times throughout their deployment to the Solomons & Papua New Guinea.

The 5 textures supplied all depict 11 Sentai aircraft during their service from October '42 until June '43.

The 2D panel bitmap is WIN 7+ friendly. I combined Shina's 2D panel with Akemi's VC panel view.

The aircraft.cfg contact points have been adjusted to allow belly landings (thanks Skylane), & the airfile optimised for improved AI formation flight & a more accurate flight range.

The .dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of Allen's Japanese bombs. I converted it to read in english instead of japanese.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Akemi for a great series of multi-LOD aircraft.

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+
    Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

Morton for his excellent repaint, used as a base for this skin pack.

Kelticheart for his exhaust effects, & inspiration for the propeller bitmaps.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

DEC 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Akemi ki43-1k Oscar 11 Sentai skinpack UT

The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I'll bet the paint never even gets dry on your brushes. These are sweet.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Another early Christmas present. Thank you UT.

Gorgeous Oscar's, thanks for these Uncle Tgt!

Wirraway fodder.

Thanks UncleTgt.

Cheers,

Stuart

I really like those camouflages, they are really cool. Thank you UncleTgt.

Wink

What the well dressed 11 Sentai pilot is wearing this Christmas!

Icon22 Reply...

UncleTgt,

These skins are outstanding, thanks!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

UncleTgt,

Thanks for the new Ki43 texture files. I was planning to build a new Ki-43, I am now going to update my last aircraft (AW MS406).

Andrew

UncleTgt,

Thanks for all new textures

I am looking forward to see FAA

Avanger and Hellcat

Here is the gunsight for the new AW Ki-43 that UncleTgt had requested. This is the current progress after 2 days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ki-43.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by AcWai View Post
    Here is the gunsight for the new AW Ki-43 that UncleTgt had requested. This is the current progress after 2 days.
    Awesome piece of modelling - looking forward to more progress shots

The external aircraft has been finished. Here are a few of the paint schemes that UncleTgt had finished.

I am now working on the VC. There are still a lot of works left to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image3.jpg   Image5.jpg   Image1.jpg  

Very nice, Andrew!
    Will this be a Ki-43-II?

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    Very nice, Andrew!
    Will this be a Ki-43-II?
    Yep, it's a mid- late ki-43-ii

The external aircraft has been finished. Here are a few of the paint schemes that UncleTgt had finished.

I am now working on the VC. There are still a lot of works left to do.
    These look great!

I am now going to update my last aircraft (AW MS406).
    Looking forward for this one as well!

Nice work, as usualy I would add, many thanks Uncle Tgt

Cheers
    Martin

Thanks for the comments! Here are two more finished paint schemes by UncleTgt.

Here is sneak peek of the VC and new gauges. I am still building the rest of the VC.

I am not going to update the AW Ms406. I can not figure out how to display (nicely) the gauges on the two side panels in the 2D mode. The panel.cfg only allows you to shrink the width, it does not do a good job for the side gauges.

May be I will build an A7M2, Ki-61, or Corsair. I loved playing with a Corsair plastic model when I was a teenager.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KI43II-103.jpg   20Sentai_NOV44-1.jpg   Hirohata_59Sentai_JUN43-1.jpg  

Blog Entries
    I Tawt I Taw a Airpane. Looks great amazing talent.

Beautiful work as always Andrew and UncleTgt.

Andrew, are using GAUGE_HEADER_FS700 or GAUGE_HEADER_FS800 for the gauges? For the P-40 gauges I customized a gauges.h file to allow the creation of CFS2 gauges which use GAUGE_HEADER_FS750. I'd be happy to send this to you if you want it.

Cheers
    Aussie

I am not going to update the AW Ms406.

Here is sneak peek of the VC and new gauges. I am still building the rest of the VC.

Pretty work AW.

I am not going to update the AW Ms406. I can not figure out how to display (nicely) the gauges on the two side panels in the 2D mode. The panel.cfg only allows you to shrink the width, it does not do a good job for the side gauges.

May be I will build an A7M2, Ki-61, or Corsair. I loved playing with a Corsair plastic model when I was a teenager.

Great work,Andrew and many thanks to Uncle Tgt for nice textures .

Building a new Corsair would be a good idea .

The most recent model is the old “DONATIONWARE”

SOH-CM-2024
    Hello, Folks-
    Actually, there's an Oscar (Ki-43-II) much more recent than the donationware Ki-43... Created by Ryukichi Shimizu, sometime in 2014, I think... It may be floating around this site, as I don't think his site is around anymore. It's quite nice!

Cheers, Mike Z.

Members who have read this thread: 3