Solomons 43 USMC 43 Campaign Mission #5

Thread: Solomons 43 USMC 43 Campaign Mission #5

Icon22 Solomons 43 USMC 43 Campaign Mission #5

I am installing Solomons43 a great install and great mission, until mission#5 sweep over Kahili. the mission loads and starts with the F4u-1 vmf 124 sinking in the bay. Is there a fix for this mission? thanks

Blog Entries
    I’d recommend starting from a carrier instead of the water itself.

Icon22 Good thought

I replaced the F4U-1 with a US_SC-1A SeaHawk then changed to aircraft in the mission and every thing is flying good in the mission. I have also found many sea planes to use in the game, so it was like a gift. I would still like a fix or correction to the mission? Thanks for the quick response. Merry Christmas.

I checked this mission on Talon's old computer and also my son checked it out on his and everything works fine.

Someone else had problems with old missions when they started using the newer UncleTgt scenery.This is because a lot of things have been moved and his airbases don't match up with the old ones.

Hiede

Blog Entries
    In that case doing a air start might be your best bet if the airfield has moved to now water.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwind View Post
    In that case doing a air start might be your best bet if the airfield has moved to now water.
    Maybe using the right scenery would fix the problem.There might be problems as he advances through the campaign,don't you think?He may have just put in the wrong data in the airbase file.

My son told me this campaign and other 3 others in the package use Maskrider scenery,this could cause problems with all of them which have a total of 100 missions I believe.It's also the continuation of the USMC Aces campaign that Talon did and states you need that one for it to work right.

Hiede

Icon22 Correct or as we say right as rain

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    Maybe using the right scenery would fix the problem.There might be problems as he advances through the campaign,don't you think?He may have just put in the wrong data in the airbase file.

My son told me this campaign and other 3 others in the package use Maskrider scenery,this could cause problems with all of them which have a total of 100 missions I believe.It's also the continuation of the USMC Aces campaign that Talon did and states you need that one for it to work right.

Hiede
    I reinstalled with Maskrider scenery and all problems are corrected.Thank you for your answer to the problem.

Blog Entries
    Of course changing the scenery to whatever the missions were made with would be best. If not you could play each mission and figure out what changes need be to make it work. That way you no longer have planes taking off from the water or ships sailing though the jungle. My opinion about the scenery add ons is they should have been made compatible to start with so older missions would work just fine.

The new scenery is not compatible as it was created to be closer to reality. Tinkering with old missions to bring them up to date is one of the few things in CFS2 I've become pretty adept at, I'd be happy to take a look at the USMC43 missions and see what I can fix.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyman32 View Post
    The new scenery is not compatible as it was created to be closer to reality. Tinkering with old missions to bring them up to date is one of the few things in CFS2 I've become pretty adept at, I'd be happy to take a look at the USMC43 missions and see what I can fix.
    Of course you know you can change the dynamics of a mission when you make changes to it?TheBookie had to redo the dynamic files when he updated the AF=Midway missions,since he had over 18 years experience he had no problem doing it.He also learned a lot from Talon and has all his mission building tutorials.The other thing is some missions might be hand edited.

Hiede

Blog Entries
    Hand editing can be redone too just don’t use mission builder.

Some people don't know how to hand edit the missions.Not long ago someone redid a mission set to update to today's standards and messed it up.If he had hand edited it would have worked fine.That's why I mentioned it.

Hiede

Blog Entries
    My first experience with cfs2 was I bought my first computer and first pay ware bf109 that came in a zip file. I didn’t know what that was. I tried sticking that thing in the game but wouldn’t work. Because we don’t know how doesn’t mean we need stay that way. Of course I know some of this stuff can be hard it just really depends on how bad you want to learn it.

Members who have read this thread: 1