Computer Recommendations

Thread: Computer Recommendations

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Computer Recommendations

Hi,

I mentioned this on another thread and wanted to make it a stand alone. To play CFS3 and experience all the bells and whistles folks have added, what video card is needed - NVidia or Radeon? I see all the nice screen shots etc and well my older setup is about 7 years old. Was thinking about Intel i9/i7 latest generation, 32 mb ram DRAM not sure but as fast as I can afford (say 250.00 if possible), Asus MB I think a 670??; 800 watt PS, 1 TB SSD, not sure what else I need to consider since it has been a while since I built one. All in price including new box, 1600.00 or so.

Some ideas or things to consider are welcomed.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...A-27EBB823D8CA

Similar to what you described available here locally on discount for $1800.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Or make your own if you know how.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

You don't need the latest i7 or i9, for example I have the 9th generation i7 which is already easily overshadowed by the new i5 models. You also don't need 32GB RAM, 16GB will do absolutely fine. And for the graphics card anything "proper" will do, I have an RTX 2060 and the combination runs full sliders, AnKor's shaders, WOTR scenery and all the other usual eye candy at around 100 fps on a 3440x1440 screen.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    i plan on getting a upgrade for my pc .Going with 16gb DDR3 ram, and a GTX 1650 OC. All for less than $300. Did my research ,and that would be all i need for CFS3,SF2,BHaH II,WOTR,CLoD,and RoF ,my main interest. May upgrade to a 750W PS also. The graphics card is more than capable of handling these and is less than $200, great performance for the dollar. Regards,Scott

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Thanks

I have made my own for several years now. Though the DELL models seem appealing. I only upgrade every 5-7 years so getting the latest usually lasts me a while. Again, thanks for the info.

You might want to look at the Asus direct site for video cards. They have GTX 1660ti OC, dual fan, for $229. That's the one I got a while back. Also lots above and below this model. I usually check Newegg prices for computer parts as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0