iniBuilds P-40F WarHawk Released
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: iniBuilds P-40F WarHawk Released

iniBuilds P-40F WarHawk Released

Hi,

the iniBuilds P-40F is now available: https://store.inibuilds.com/products...f-warhawk-msfs

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

And also now on Simmarket:

https://secure.simmarket.com/inibuil...awk-msfs.phtml

The Simmarket app doesn't seem required for the download.

Looks nice, apart from the paint schemes. The really big question....does the canopy slide back. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    Looks nice, apart from the paint schemes. The really big question....does the canopy slide back. Lol.
    Yep!

It's nice, but really doesn't offer a lot if you already have the Big Radials P-40. I'm enough of a WW2 buff to want both, but the flying experience is pretty darn similar. As you'd expect. Audio's beefier on the Merlin than the Allison.

SOH-CM-2024
    Second big question: Is there a military pilot or the capability of putting one in?

Cazzie

In the settings you can tick for military pilot, but does not seem to work.

I have my setting to default.

SOH-CM-2024
    I can only assume it may still be a work in progress. I have seen a video with the modern military pilot in it and that just does not fit the bill either. Hoping for maybe a slate ala Flying Iron's P-38 that will give us the option of a WW II based military pilot. Hope they can tone down that exhaust emission too. Otherwise, it's a beautiful model and flight characteristics look spot on. I'm going to have to take a rain check until things are worked out on some items I have seem that need work.

Cazzie

After Getting to fly it for a couple of hours I must say that I'm enjoying it. It sounds great, I'm getting that look from the wife that says turn that awful noise down, I can't hear Yellowstone! Does anyone else think it floats alot on landing? It doesn't want to slow down for me very well.
    I do prefer the panel to BR's P40B, it is much easier for me to read the numbers especially the compass. I look forward to the improvements that they are planning to make.

Stud(005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Stud(006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Stud(002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk263 View Post
    After Getting to fly it for a couple of hours I must say that I'm enjoying it. It sounds great, I'm getting that look from the wife that says turn that awful noise down, I can't hear Yellowstone! Does anyone else think it floats alot on landing? It doesn't want to slow down for me very well.
    I do prefer the panel to BR's P40B, it is much easier for me to read the numbers especially the compass. I look forward to the improvements that they are planning to make.
    Big Radials P-40B is another one that would be in my hanger if I they or I had a way of putting a genuine WW II era pilot in the cockpit. There HAS to be a fix for this somewhere. Both models are perfect save that and I am sorry, but I am old and I am a scale modeler, so I have picky rules when it comes to true authenticity!

Cazzie

Oh, yay, Jankees has a copy! Sooo psyched for repaints! We never really got any for the Big Radials P-40, so happy to see you working on this one!

The 88th FS actually flew P-40Ns, but I'm not going to be a purist and argue against their memorable scheme on the iniBuilds version!

If you're looking for 88th FS paint schemes, a WWII-era pilot model, and the only P-40 visual models actually made accurate to the original Curtiss blueprint drawings, Flight Replicas appears to be very near releasing their P-40N series for MSFS. Quite a few preview screenshots were posted to their Facebook page last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Big Radials P-40B is another one that would be in my hanger if I they or I had a way of putting a genuine WW II era pilot in the cockpit. There HAS to be a fix for this somewhere.
    Isn't it like if a genuine WWII propfighter pilot would turn up in the cockpit here it would have to have been made/put in there by the developer. Otherwise it's either the default male or female civil/sporty pilot or the contemporary militairy jetfighter pilot which are all a bit ridiculous, aren't they.

Like often is the case with the MSFS' 'goody bag', it's only a half baked goody bag... Any of the default civil pilot models and the F-18 jet pilot figure look very good (although they could've done better with the diversity of the civil pilot figures. Why no Svetlana Kapanina type of female pilot figure or a Angelina Jolie lookalike for all i care (she has a PPL and owns an aircraft ;-). Would've been a hoot to have a Robert Redford lookalike flying the Jenny, wouldn't it. I mean these civil guys/girls we have now look all alike. I mean if you say 'A' you should say 'B' as well, right ? It's not that difficult... A...B..).

They want Xbox youth to pick up virtually flying, right ? Then start to give 'em the opportunity to dress up the avatar pilot they choose with all kinds of aviator clothing/gear thru say the 1920's up to today. Dressing up avatars is common practise in Xbox (and PC) games today (even had a bit of fun myself with that in Red Dead Redemption II.. ;-). I mean, common, anyone happy with a female sundayschool teacher flying a deadly warhawk ?? Sjeeezzz...

(it has of course all to do with that silly 'no guns or weapons in MSFS' policy. Sjjeezzz... guns and weapons are the only reason kids (as well as adults) buy games ! )

No fix today, Cazzie, it's the sundayschool teacher, the capped mobilephoneshop owner or the F-18 pilot. That's all folks.

Btw, it's of course on iniBuilds' plate to serve their P-40 model with a genuine WWII pilot figure. Depending on the price ( no buyer myself ) if it's warranted or not to expect that. You don't just create a good looking pilot model during a rainy day afternoon. (you could *buy* one, but that's another matter ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    If you're looking for 88th FS paint schemes, a WWII-era pilot model, and the only P-40 visual models actually made accurate to the original Curtiss blueprint drawings, Flight Replicas appears to be very near releasing their P-40N series for MSFS. Quite a few preview screenshots were posted to their Facebook page last month.
    Oh, see, normally my reaction would be "for the love of God, another P-40?" but I love Flight Replicas stuff and I guess I'll have a third P-40 model in my hangar! If I'd known that was coming I'd probably have skipped this one...

I'll definitely will buy anything Flight Replicas are offering, but this one is very nice too I think!

stud (005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

stud (003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

stud (004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Love that scheme, Jan Kees! Ignore my other request if we’re getting an N model.

What I don't understand is that you can remove all the doors, windows, covers, but not the pilot, why is that good?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

No any WWII ERA PILOT? Not for me .... this lack spoils everything for me.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I just don't look in the mirror when flying the plane.

SOH-CM-2024
    Here, here Javis and YoYo, I hear you. The same here. If they're going to the trouble to get a master aircraft model, the least they can do is put a proper pilot in the seat! I'll stay with Aeroplane Heaven and Flying Iron, who have proper pilots for their models.

Cazzie

SOH-CM-2024
    I just have a thing for P-40s, guess I'll have to stay with styrene for the time being.

Cazzie

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

Talking of Flight Replicas I am hoping they release the DC-4, Heron and Spitfire.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post

Talking of Flight Replicas I am hoping they release the DC-4, Heron and Spitfire.
    And their Liberator!

Members who have read this thread: 2