iniBuilds P-40F WarHawk Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: iniBuilds P-40F WarHawk Released

SOH-CM-2024
    I put in a partial fix, I used the modern military Asobo pilot. Still incorrect, but it beats Barbie.

Cazzie

New update today v1.04. Still no WWII pilot. Glad to see that they're still fixing problems. https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/18...ch-2-released/

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    I put in a partial fix, I used the modern military Asobo pilot. Still incorrect, but it beats Barbie.
    I would think a pilot with a bone dome would be absolutely "correct" for flying a warbird in a non-combat sim. If I want to see WWII pilots, I fire up IL-2 Stalingrad.

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    I would think a pilot with a bone dome would be absolutely "correct" for flying a warbird in a non-combat sim. If I want to see WWII pilots, I fire up IL-2 Stalingrad.

100% agree !!

No update on simmarket just yet...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    I would think a pilot with a bone dome would be absolutely "correct" for flying a warbird in a non-combat sim.
    Exactly. A hat with headphones/mic is also perfectly accurate among a number of pilots that fly the P-40 today too. Also, about all of the crap in this thread complaining about a female being portrayed as a pilot in a flight sim P-40 (which is merely an option, based on which MSFS pilot figure you choose!) - there are a few women currently in the real world who are fully qualified in the P-40, probably most notably Liz Needham in New Zealand (not to mention in the past... Sue Parish, Jacqueline Cochran, the WASPs). One of the P-40F's depicted in the IniBuilds product is owned and operated by Judy Pay in Australia - she also owns/operates a Mustang, Harvard and a host of other warbirds, as well as having been an airshow organizer since the 1980s, though she has in more recent years retired from flying the high-performance aircraft.

I think those photos settle the headwear debate. I haven't got the P-40, but I do have all three of the Flying Iron fighters, and always fly them as modern-day warbirds, usually with a bone dome.

SOH-CM-2024
    I guess the matter gentlemen is "choice". Everyone has his or her own choice and should be allowed such choice. If you want a capped Barbie, so be it, you should have a capped Barbie. If you want a helmeted pilot like I substituted, you should have a helmeted pilot, and if you want a WW II era pilot, you should be given that choice also. That's what Democracy is all about. All of the other warbirds in MSFS give us that option.

Cazzie

stupid question maybe, but how did you insert the domed pilot?
    and would it be possible to insert pilots from other models (that do have a ww2 pilot)?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    stupid question maybe, but how did you insert the domed pilot?
    and would it be possible to insert pilots from other models (that do have a ww2 pilot)?
    Ever since the update last May you can select a modern military-dressed pilot from the Misc pilot selection screen within MSFS, just like you do by changing the pilot figure to any other you would like that MSFS provides. No matter which aircraft you're flying, if it uses the MSFS pilot figure, that is what you'll see. Of course you end up going back and changing it based on which aircraft you're flying (for instance, it looks sillier flying the Jenny using a pilot with a modern military helmet vs. a hat).

Personally, I would rather see IniBuilds spend more time improving the visual accuracy of the model, flight dynamics and sound before I ever care whether or not it has a WWII pilot figure option.

Marketplace or not for Inibuilds P-40 - That is the question

I am very tempted to pick up the Inibuilds P-40F. Today, I see it is priced at only $12.79 Canadian Dollars in the Marketplace, which is about half the current price shown on the Inibuilds store. Being Scottish I like the price! (LOL). However, I also like fidelity of the model.

So, knowing the marketplace does not allow weapons, but seeing the guns on the P-40 as being tiny anyway, what exactly are the differences with the marketplace version? Can you still see the gun nacelles even if gun barrels do not stick out from them? And what about the removable panels in the upper wings, are these empty in the Marketplace version? And in the cockpit, when you remove the tablet, does the gun sight appear?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

- Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    I am very tempted to pick up the Inibuilds P-40F. Today, I see it is priced at only $12.79 Canadian Dollars in the Marketplace, which is about half the current price shown on the Inibuilds store. Being Scottish I like the price! (LOL). However, I also like fidelity of the model.

So, knowing the marketplace does not allow weapons, but seeing the guns on the P-40 as being tiny anyway, what exactly are the differences with the marketplace version? Can you still see the gun nacelles even if gun barrels do not stick out from them? And what about the removable panels in the upper wings, are these empty in the Marketplace version? And in the cockpit, when you remove the tablet, does the gun sight appear?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

- Kenneth
    Hi Kenneth,

I got the P-40F through the marketplace. The difference is essentially that the guns and gunsight have been removed. The EFB/Gunsight switch now only toggles between the EFB (tablet) and an empty mount where the gunsight would go. You can still open the wing panels (both top and bottom), but there's nothing in them. You have to option to put luggage there. There are little bumps where the gun would be, I assume these are the nacelles you're referring to.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230926170143_1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	844.0 KB 
ID:	91818Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230926170134_1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	593.9 KB 
ID:	91819Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230926170101_1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	491.1 KB 
ID:	91820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230926170055_1.jpg 
Size:	488.8 KB 
ID:	91821Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230926170029_1.jpg 
Size:	449.4 KB 
ID:	91822Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230926170024_1.jpg 
Views:	11 
ID:	91823

Frankly, I have no idea why there's no gunsight. I have Flying Iron's Spitfire through the marketplace as well and it has an gunsight (does not light up though iirc), and as of the latest update you can even hide/show the cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by Maty12 View Post
    Hi Kenneth,

I got the P-40F through the marketplace. The difference is essentially that the guns and gunsight have been removed. The EFB/Gunsight switch now only toggles between the EFB (tablet) and an empty mount where the gunsight would go. You can still open the wing panels (both top and bottom), but there's nothing in them. You have to option to put luggage there. There are little bumps where the gun would be, I assume these are the nacelles you're referring to.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230926170143_1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	844.0 KB 
ID:	91818Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230926170134_1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	593.9 KB 
ID:	91819Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230926170101_1.jpg 
Size:	491.1 KB 
ID:	91820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230926170055_1.jpg 
Size:	488.8 KB 
ID:	91821Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230926170029_1.jpg 
ID:	91822Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230926170024_1.jpg 
Views:	11 
ID:	91823

Frankly, I have no idea why there's no gunsight. I have Flying Iron's Spitfire through the marketplace as well and it has an gunsight (does not light up though iirc), and as of the latest update you can even hide/show the cannons.
    Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. I finally purchased the P-40 through inibuilds before seeing your message. It cost me twice as much as the marketplace rendition would have, but I wanted a WW2 "look", and I was not going to get that from marketplace. Their no weapons policy just cost them my business on this occasion. Anyway, Inibuilds just got my money instead of MS, and I got my WW2 look!

And, if Inibuilds sees this.... Some feedback.

1. Beautiful job, a superb-looking model.
    2. But, what happened to being able to see the engine? Seems like you removed that functionality now. What a pity as it was a feature you so greatly pushed in your promotional videos.
    3. Also, where is the radio functionality in the EFB now?
    4. The default pilot view is very wide angle, I ended up creating my own replacement view under Alt+1 to restore the "view of the world" to correct proportions.

But, it is a keeper that's for sure.

- Kenneth
    Last edited by vipgroup; September 27th, 2023 at 16:55. Reason: Deleting my comments not directly related to the thread

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. I finally purchased the P-40 through inibuilds before seeing your message. It cost me twice as much as the marketplace rendition would have, but I wanted a WW2 "look", and I was not going to get that from marketplace. Their no weapons policy just cost them my business on this occasion. Anyway, Inibuilds just got my money instead of MS, and I got my WW2 look!

And, if Inibuilds sees this.... Some feedback.

1. Beautiful job, a superb-looking model.
    2. But, what happened to being able to see the engine? Seems like you removed that functionality now. What a pity as it was a feature you so greatly pushed in your promotional videos.
    3. Also, where is the radio functionality in the EFB now?
    4. The default pilot view is very wide angle, I ended up creating my own replacement view under Alt+1 to restore the "view of the world" to correct proportions.

But, it is a keeper that's for sure.

- Kenneth
    Anytime. I did the same with the Flying Iron P-38. Cost me more, but I wanted the complete package. Honestly I forgot about that engine feature, do wonder what happened with that.

Members who have read this thread: 3