Ju 188

Thread: Ju 188

Ju 188

Did or does CFS3 have one?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I've never seen one, we have a 388 (NF Variant) but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by demile View Post
    But there is a cfs 2 version here at simviation

https://simviation.com/cfs2aircraft66.htm
    ... which is available here at SOH as well.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...14912&catid=54

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

well

There is a partial model on my back up disk. Just never liked the way it looked - such an ugly canopy. Don't hold your breath on getting this done, I really dislike what they did to the plane with the revised canopy - why take such a nice plane and mess it up....The Ju388 was so much cleaner and not as ugly in my opinion. Too much to do and only two hands.

Quote Originally Posted by westview View Post
    I've never seen one, we have a 388 (NF Variant) but that's it.
    No biggie. I'm going through ORBS of UK NF squadrons such as 25NF which mentions interceptions of Ju 188s. I could just add an ai Ju388 and maybe disable in the xdp some of the guns and maske a 'what if' missions or 2.
    (The first three production Ju 188 E-1 machines were delivered with BMW engines in February 1943, followed by another seven in March and eight in April. A conversion testing unit was formed up in May and after testing were attached to an operational unit, with the first mission, an attack by three Ju 188E-1s on a factory in Lincoln, Lincolnshire taking place on 18 August 1943)

Do you recall if there was an actual bomb bay, not that it really matters?

Ju188

Yes, they were bombers.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Here's one from IL-2 '46 BAT. A ugly aircraft if there was ever one...

I always thought the 188 had a pretty cool look to it, but I suppose I'm in the minority. I love all that glazing around the cockpit.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I always thought the 188 had a pretty cool look to it, but I suppose I'm in the minority. I love all that glazing around the cockpit.
    We're a minority of two by the looks of it. Waaaay back I had the Matchbox Ju 188A-1, kinda cool although those transparencies were a pita when it came to painting.
    Andy

As a stop gap I am going to bastardize Ted's TK_Junkers_JU388J-1 to a ai_TOW_JU388as188. I feel that I should cut out several guns, including the schragemusik. Does anyone know the actual gun layout for the 188 and bomb load(s)?
    My reading of RAF NF squadrons ORBs is that quite a few claims were for 188s. I am wondering if some were 88s, but the wings are a bit of a give away. not to mention the cockpit. See

"The first three production Ju 188 E-1 machines were delivered with BMW engines in February 1943, followed by another seven in March and eight in April. A conversion testing unit was formed up in May and after testing were attached to an operational unit, with the first mission, an attack by three Ju 188E-1s on a factory in Lincoln, Lincolnshire taking place on 18 August 1943.[4] By the end of the year, 283 Ju 188s had been delivered (including Ju 188Fs) and two new factories were added to the production effort"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    We're a minority of two by the looks of it. Waaaay back I had the Matchbox Ju 188A-1, kinda cool although those transparencies were a pita when it came to painting.
    Make that three, I think it looks better than the original 88, nothing ugly about it at all!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    Make that three, I think it looks better than the original 88, nothing ugly about it at all!

John, if by chance one appears, are you saying you'll paint it?

I have the wings from the 388, will need to make the vertical and larger horizontals for the G series anyway....the revised canopy is just a modification of the original one...... just saying

Icon5

Ted,
    I can send you over Krzystof and Jay's CFS2 188 in several forms ie separate fuselage and the whole ac etc. It's very close to the old CFS2/3 Ju88...might help?

Personally I love the ol' 88 but there's something sleek and menacing about the 188.

That Il-2 188 is a port over of the CFS2 188, and updated.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    As a stop gap I am going to bastardize Ted's TK_Junkers_JU388J-1 to a ai_TOW_JU388as188. I feel that I should cut out several guns, including the schragemusik. Does anyone know the actual gun layout for the 188 and bomb load(s)?
    One MG151/20 cannon in the nose, 3-4 MG131 facing rearwards; the attached picture shows the layout. Bomb load was 3000 kg.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ju-188e_cockpit.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	178.9 KB 
ID:	89081
    Andy

The cockpit is very similar to the 388 other than the dorsal turret. Who knows when I have time or get bored with the other stuff I am doing.....

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    The cockpit is very similar to the 388 other than the dorsal turret. Who knows when I have time or get bored with the other stuff I am doing.....
    Don't get bored! Another back burner item after Stirling, 88s and 110s! Did I miss anything?

@ Andy643. Thanks. My bastard 388as 188 will be a stopgap in missions unless or untill.........

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    John, if by chance one appears, are you saying you'll paint it?

I have the wings from the 388, will need to make the vertical and larger horizontals for the G series anyway....the revised canopy is just a modification of the original one...... just saying
    Of course!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    As ugly as she is ,the Ju 188 was a effective aircraft. Would be so great to have in CFS3 ! Love the whole series of 88's. A fantastic multi-role combat aircraft. With Ted's and John's work, this would be fantastic. Two highly skilled people ! Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0