Windows 10 or 11?

Thread: Windows 10 or 11?

Blog Entries

Windows 10 or 11?

Hi,
    I'm currently running MSFS on Windows 11 and have been doing, happily up until update 10 (I also think there was a major Windows update at the same time), prior to that I was running the Beta and it was great. Since then, I've been plagued by stutters of one type or another. I've now updated to version 11 and obviously I'd hoped there might be some improvement but sadly, no and now I get a CTD whenever I switch between the screen and my Mixed Reality (Reverb G2) headset.

Since update 10 I've reinstalled Windows 11 and MSFS several times (yes, I know repeating the same procedure several times and expecting different results is the definition of insanity), but I've now decided to get a new M2 SSD and start completely from scratch.

My question is, are people finding better results running the Sim on Windows 10 or 11? You would assume that the latest operating system would be the way to go, but most guides to MSFS seem to be written with Windows 10 in mind and there do seem to be a few options mentioned that aren't available on Windows 11 (or the Home version at least).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ian

Actually I've seen better perfomance since (clean) installing windows 11.

You might want to have a look at the hardware accellerated GPU scheduling. Some have better results with it turned on, so with turned off.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Blog Entries
    Yes, thanks Priller, I do have HAGS turned off it gives a good FPS boost but at the expense of massively increasing stutters.

Members who have read this thread: 0