Sound problem

Thread: Sound problem

Sound problem

This is curious. I've been running Win 10 on my desktop for 3 years plus. No sound issues. Now in the last 2 days, the sound for CFS2 just shuts off. I can get it back by running a fix program called Fix Sound or Audio Problems in Windows that I found on Goggle, but the next day the same thing. It's not a speakers issue. I can get a test tone to sound. Anyone ever run into this and figure out a permanent fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    This is curious. I've been running Win 10 on my desktop for 3 years plus. No sound issues. Now in the last 2 days, the sound for CFS2 just shuts off. I can get it back by running a fix program called Fix Sound or Audio Problems in Windows that I found on Goggle, but the next day the same thing. It's not a speakers issue. I can get a test tone to sound. Anyone ever run into this and figure out a permanent fix?

my win 10 CFS2 also lost sound a couple of days ago. - the setting in the CFS2.cfg file had changed itself without any input from me

Blog Entries
    Some game files can be set to read only so only u can change it.

I think this is a Window 10 issue and not specific to CFS2. For some reason the sound driver is not functioning as it should and the only recourse is to run a fix program. As a work around I can get my sound back, but it's a pain to have to run it every time I crank up my computer. A well, ........small potatoes!

Blog Entries
    In that case I need to upgrade the wife and in-laws to windows 10 and throw the fix in the garbage.

Members who have read this thread: 0