Jan Kees Repaints L-4H Grasshopper

Thread: Jan Kees Repaints L-4H Grasshopper

Jan Kees Repaints L-4H Grasshopper

Has anyone got JK's yellow 'Piper J-3 Cub' repaints for the Flight Replicas L4H Grasshopper going ? ( G-AXHR and F-BDTI )

I can't get them to show up. It seems there's a difference between the name of the base_container in the aircraft.cfg plus the name of the texture.cfg versus the name of the model variant file used for the repaints.

The aircraft.cfg and texture.cfg reads "FR_L-4H_Grasshopper_liaison" where the model variant file reads "l-4_aircraft_liaison" in MSFSPackages/Official/Steam/fr-aircraft l4-grasshopper/SimObjects/Airplanes.

The original FR L4 model purchased via Marketplace and works fine.

Anyone flying the L4 dressed up as the typical yellow Piper J-3 Cub ? I love Mike's L4 model but i even more love that yellow J-3 Cub !

@ Jan Kees, what do you think ?.... ( i was waiting for those yellow J-3 Cub repaints, thanks a lot ! Now just to get them on my green L4 !... ;-)

Thanks much !

Jan, it seems there are indeed two different versions in circulation. As you can see from my screenshots, I have them running without any problems in my sim, but I've had messages from a few people that my paints did not work in their sim.
    In one case we got it working by changing one line in the aircraft.cfg, similar to what you describe ànd one line in the texture.cfg, in both cases replacing "FR_L-4H_Grasshopper_liaison" with "l-4_aircraft_liaison" so that you get

base_container = "..\ L-4_Aircraft_liaison” in the aircraft.cfg file

and

"fallback.1=..\..\ L-4_Aircraft_liaison\texture.LD"

in the texture.cfg file.
    Could you try that and see if that works?

JanKees
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Making those changes worked for me.

I believe I have the latest update installed. Perhaps the update changed that folder name . . .

Michael

All clear, all bright and yellow !

Thanks Jan Kees !

I do hope Mike might do the original J-3 version for his L-4. It's such a wonderful model. IMHO the other available J-3 can't stand in its shadow.

I found no way to change the militairy crew to civilian, correct ?....

Thanks again, mate. Made my day !

FYI, the model name changes are the marketplace version, but also the latest version for direct purchases from Flight Replicas. You just email support @ flight-replicas.com if you bought the original version directly from their website and want the update.

Here's the changelog:

In the update:

- Once warmed up, the engine should not shut down if the throttle is at idle
    - Aerodynamics tweaked
    - Additional click spot for door opening on the upper door's handle
    - Two new hidden click spots: one will allow removal of the pilots; the second will install tie-down ropes. See Manual ...\Community\fr-aircraft-l4-grasshopper\SimObjects\Airplanes\FR_L-4H_Grasshopper_air_observation\MANUAL
    Jan Kees' paints have the original folder names, but the pair of edits above fix them up just fine. You can just fix the texture.cfg in one file and then copy it to all your other L-4 livery texture folders, as the file is identical across them. You only have to make the individual edit in the aircraft.cfg files.

Thanks Denny, all's fine now. I bought it via Marketplace couple days ago and have all the clickspots so i guess i have the updated version. Apart from something funny going on with the ailerons cables, both as viewed from the inside as well as outside, all's well. I do hope Mike may find the time to do a J-3 version for his wonderful L-4 model.

Thanks again !

SOH-CM-2024
    My OCD shows that stripe a touch off! Now, when is someone going to do an Aeronca Champ? You can fly them from the front seat!

Regards,
    Caz

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    My OCD shows that stripe a touch off! Now, when is someone going to do an Aeronca Champ? You can fly them from the front seat!
    That'll take looong while i suppose. But who needs it when we have Mike's PA-11 Cub Special ? Usually flown from the front seat as well. And it looks like a normal mature aeroplane, not like a little homebuild 'urkedurker'...

My first post since getting started in MSFS. The edits worked for me too. Thank you,
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Blog Entries
    Could someone please point me in the direction of the yellow re-paints, I've searched the Warbirds Library and I can't for the life of me find it?

All my paints for MSFS can be found on flightsim.to
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Blog Entries
    Many thanks Jan

still WIP, but nearly there

Screenshot (1541) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1531) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    That'll take looong while i suppose. But who needs it when we have Mike's PA-11 Cub Special ? Usually flown from the front seat as well. And it looks like a normal mature aeroplane, not like a little homebuild 'urkedurker'...

I picked this up and like it but it doesn't seem to be too popular for some reason.

LouP

Probably because it's Marketplace-only and lots of forum-active folks prefer to buy planes from stores that don't encrypt the files.

(Though from what I hear from my dev friends, we are a very vocal but very small minority, compared to Marketplace sales.)

You know what, during a senior moment i bought the L-4 model a second time, first thru Marketplace and when Jan Kees' J-3 repaints showed up a second time from Mike's own website because i forgat i had it already...

(Marketplace stuff turns up in the 'Offical' folder, not in 'Community'... )

Oh well, i still think it sure's worth it. Hehe

Members who have read this thread: 2