Rob's F9F Cougar! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rob's F9F Cougar!

SOH-CM-2024
    Jankees, where can one get Rob's Repaint Kit for the Cougar for MSFS. I have a Blue Angels paint just waiting to happen.

Caz

SOH-CM-2024
    Okay, I have the Paint Kit, it's the same as the one for FSX. But can anyone please help me with this throttle problem, neither my joystick throttle or the throttle in the sim will work. The Cri-Cri throttle now works after a deletion and reinstallation. That worked with Rob's Vampire also, but it did not with the Cougar. I have no idea what the problem is.

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Okay, I have the Paint Kit, it's the same as the one for FSX. But can anyone please help me with this throttle problem, neither my joystick throttle or the throttle in the sim will work. The Cri-Cri throttle now works after a deletion and reinstallation. That worked with Rob's Vampire also, but it did not with the Cougar. I have no idea what the problem is.

Cazzie
    You'll have to go into the options and assign (reassign) every throttle entry to the throttle of your joystick I'm afraid. I had to do it too. After that, it works like a charm.

Priller
    Last edited by Priller; November 7th, 2022 at 09:15. Reason: Typo
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Cazzie, awesome shot! I collected a bunch of models way back I was going to build (was a voracious model builder as a kid/teen!), but they remain in my closet. I had an F7U-3 Cutlass I was going to do as the Blue Angles -1. (And just live with the inaccuracies.

As for the throttle, just bind Throttle 1 to your throttle axis, and it will fix all of these planes. (If you only have a single-axis throttle, go ahead and bind Throttle 2-4 to it as well.) A number of planes have this issue due to MS changing stuff around the throttle axis a couple of sim updates ago.

SOH-CM-2024
    Many thanks Priller and Denny, I shall be doing that when I get offline.

Denny that's an old digital shot, I really need to update photos of my models now that I have a very good DSLR for shooting them (Nikon D5500). Here's the F7U-1 Cutlass.

Cazzie

SOH-CM-2024
    Priller and Denny, can't thank you enough, that worked fine. Smooth flying jet too. Now, give me a few days and I'll get a Blue Angels livery out for you. It will be technically incorrect because the BA Cougars did not have guns as the Panther did, due to the Panther doing demo during the Korean War and the possibility they might be called to active duty there. I have got to learn how to work around the .json file thing, all new to me, the repaint is no problem.

Cazzie

I've updated the wing textures for my two blue paints, to show the metal leading edges, just download again if you want them

Screenshot (1590) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1592) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1588) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1589) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 6