As the title says I've had a little trouble with the "process" to get support over there. (I'm not trying to slam PMDG) I'm trying to learn something.

I purchased the 737-800 at the tail end of September and tried to install it that day as any of us would have. No joy .... did not work .... I just got the default Microsoft "hourglass" thing for about 8-10 seconds and then nothing, no warning, no error message or explanation of any kind!

The moderator over there told me to go to the Support Portal and do this ===>>> create a new Username and a new email address .... WTF, why can't the support portal have my PMDG Forum name and my real-life email address?
In a nutshell, that is how we do it over here!

So, I did.

Now over in the support portal, a fella tells me to re d/l the file and I did .... nope, same old thing.

Then he tells me to create another Microsoft Windows 11 account on my PC and again to re d/l the file and see if that will work.

I'm posting here in hopes that my experience will help someone else.

Well for whatever reason that seemed to work in a way, and I'd like for someone to explain it to me. I did discover an unexplained oddity along the way.

Setting up another Microsoft user account on my PC was task intensive for an ol' person, (66+ y.o.) who is crabby, grouchy, and just wants to play with his toys!

I set up an "account" for Donald Duck. While I was watching YouTube videos on how to do this, I must have missed the part about assigning "Administrative Rights" to him and spent the better part of a day trying to correct this, as he needed those rights to execute the PMDG 737-800 application EXE. file (I was fearful that giving Donald Duck authority over my PC would lead to trouble).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (26).jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	88680

However, while Donald Duck could d/l the file, just as I could with my Microsoft account, for NO logical reason Donald Duck could execute the file.... "Right click and run as administrator", same as me but my "run as administrator" did not work!

Name:	Screenshot (25).jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	88681

WHY?

I read about Internet Options/Security tab: Both accounts had the same security clearance at Medium-high level

Name:	Screenshot (24).jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	88682

No, I did not go into the Advanced tab looking for trouble with assigning the little boxes with a "check" to sub-sections of Browsing, HTTP settings, Multimedia, Security with all that stuff like: Use SSL 3.0, TSL 1.0, TSL 1.1 nonsense!

Remember I'm old, crabby, grouchy, and just wants to play with my toys!

Anyways, the Donald Duck account could start the 737-800 application file, but it did not have a program called MSFS to install to! Grrrrrr!

Name:	Screenshot (27).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	88683

So now I have to switch back to my real-life Microsoft Windows 11 account. Am I losing some of you readers and are you beginning to understand the frustration that this ol' man has gone through just to play with his toy!

Finally, I have the PMDG 737-800 installed into MSFS!

I have a few unruly "Control Options" on my Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo Units that I'll whip into shape soon... assignment type of conflicts.

Anyways again, not to just take it and run with it, I got to know WHY!

I right clicked on the 737-800 application file and went to "properties" WHY does a d/l file from PMDG run under one Microsoft account but not the other?

I saw something that I've never seen!

The file below with the red arrow is from my real-life Microsoft Windows 11 account, the other is from Donald Duck's account.

Name:	Screenshot (23).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	88684

I had d/l one PMDG file and kept it in one location and I d/l another PMDG file under the Donald Duck account and placed it into another separate hard drive location, so now I have (2) PMDG files.

I extracted them to (2) different folders .... JUNK_MSFS and JUNK_MSFS_2

I guess that one Microsoft account (my real life one) d/l the file it tagged it with a "security alert". Had I known this from the outset, I would have just "ticked that box" to Unblock it.

I guess things got scrambled up coming down the birth canal so to speak! One person turns out to be a good kid and the other turns out to be a bad kid. WHY?

Thanks for listening/reading and maybe learning something like I did.

- Don