Updated Allen P-39s released by UncleTgt

Thread: Updated Allen P-39s released by UncleTgt

Icon22 Updated Allen P-39s released by UncleTgt

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Other - Weapon packs

Description: P39 Exhaust stacks for CFS2 by UncleTgt

The stock/overhauled Airacobra does not have any exhaust stacks modelled. The rear canopy has no decking, & if you open the cockpit door you see the pilot's lower half is missing, & he doesn't have anything to sit on. Allen's P39D1 & P39Q, being based on the stocker, also have some of these same limitations.

By using alpha channels you can make the stock pilot disappear, & replace him with Wolfi's US Pilot, added through the DP. That got me thinking...

So I created a collection of objects, compiled as weapon bgls, so these other elements can also be added via the aircraft dp.

P39D_exhaust_UT - 6 stack exhausts, a pilot seat, roll bar & rear cockpit deck in a single object (for the stock/OH P39D)

P39D1_exhaust_UT - 6 stack exhausts, a pilot seat & roll bar in a single object (for Allen's P39D1 & P39Q)

P39F_exhaust_UT - 12 stack exhausts, a pilot seat, roll bar & rear cockpit deck in a single object (turns the stock/OH P39D into a P39F)

P400_exhaust_UT - 12 stack exhausts, a pilot seat & roll bar in a single object (turns Allen's P39D1 into a P400)

P39_fishtail_exh_UT - 6 stack, fishtail exhaust stacks, a pilot seat & roll bar in a single object (turns Allen's P39D1 into an Airacobra mk1)

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Allen for his Making Exploding Objects using FS2002 Tools & Tutorial.

Arno Gerretsen for ModelconverterX & FXeditor, such clever & versatile tools.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P39 Exhausts UT.

The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Allen P-400 Auiracobra revisions UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: Allen_P-400 Revisions by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Allen's P-39D1 Airacobra for CFS 2. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft for ease of installation. I've taken Allen's P-39D1 & created a P-400 Airacobra.

The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. Cockpit glass is now shiny. To avoid possible CTDs if using this alongside other P39 versions that also share the same model file source, I've renamed the P39D1_airacobra.mdl to P400_Airacobra.mdl.

The airfile was thoroughly revised & optimised for AI formation keeping & combat performance, whilst giving believable performance in speed, range & ceiling.

The panel is aliased to the stock P-39D.

The Sound is aliased to the stock P-39D.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of DBolt's US bombs, & my recompile of Wolfi's US pilot. The drop tank is DBolt's P47 tank. I created a P400 exhaust object. It adds 12 exhaust stubs & a pilots seat. The stock pilot is hidden using alpha channel textures.

The texture supplied is: "W" 26 - Aircraft from 80FS, 8FG, operating from Milne Bay, PNG, September '42.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Allen for his P-39D1 Airacobra.

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

Kelticheart for his exhaust effects, & inspiration for the propeller bitmaps.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Allen P-400 Auiracobra revisions UT

Allen P-39D2 Airacobra revisions UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: Allen_P-39D2 Revisions by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Allen's P-39D1 Airacobra for CFS 2. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft for ease of installation. I've taken Allen's P-39D1 & created a P-39D2 Airacobra.

The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. Cockpit glass is now shiny. To avoid possible CTDs if using this alongside other P39 versions that also share the same model file source, I've renamed the P39D1_airacobra.mdl to P39D2_Airacobra.mdl.

The airfile was thoroughly revised & optimised for AI formation keeping & combat performance, whilst giving believable performance in speed, range & ceiling.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of DBolt's US bombs, & my recompile of Wolfi's US pilot. The droptank is DBolt's P47 tank. I created a P39D1 exhaust object. It adds exhaust stubs & a pilots seat. The stock pilot is hidden using alpha channel textures.

The texture supplied is: "N" 83 - Aircraft from 41FS, 35FG, deployed to Milne Bay PNG during November '42.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Allen P-39D2 Airacobra revisions UT

Allen P-39D1 Airacobra revisions UT

Description: Allen_P-39D1 Revisions by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Allen's P-39D1 Airacobra for CFS 2. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft for ease of installation.

The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. Cockpit glass is now shiny.

The airfile was thoroughly revised & optimised for AI formation keeping & combat performance, whilst giving believable performance in speed, range & ceiling..

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of DBolt's US bombs, & my recompile of Wolfi's US pilot. The drop tank is DBolt's P47 tank.
    I created a P39D exhaust object. It adds exhaust stubs & a pilots seat. The stock pilot is hidden using alpha channel textures.

The texture supplied is: "E" Mai - Operated by 35FS, 8FG, Port Moresby, PNG, circa late May'42. Pilot Lt. Jim Egan.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Allen P-39D1 Airacobra revisions UT

Allen P-39Q Airacobra revisions UT

Description: Allen_P-39Q Revisions by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Allen's P-39Q Airacobra for CFS 2. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft for ease of installation.

The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. Cockpit glass is now shiny.

The airfile was thoroughly revised & optimized for AI formation keeping & combat performance, whilst giving believable performance in speed, range & ceiling.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of DBolt's US bombs, & my recompile of Wolfi's US pilot. The drop tank is DBolt's P47 tank. I included some ferry drop tank payloads using K Malinowski range of P47 drop tanks.

I created a P39D exhaust object. It adds exhaust stubs & a pilots seat. The stock pilot is hidden using alpha channel textures.

The texture supplied is: "Snooks" - Aircraft flown by Lt Shomo of 82TRS, 71TRG & operating out of Horanda, PNG during NOV/DEC '43

Thanks to: Allen for his P-39Q Airacobra.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Allen P-39Q Airacobra revisions UT

Icon22 P39D1 skinpack 1 UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: P39D1 skinpack1 for CFS2 by UncleTgt.

These are a collection of repaints for Allen's P39D1 Airacobra for CFS2. They depict P-39D1 versions.

The textures are: "55" - Aircraft flown by 44FS, 18FG, Kukum, Guadacanal, Solomon Islands circa January'42. Pilot was 2Lt. C.B. Head.

"F" - Aircraft used by 36FS, 8FG, Port Moresby, PNG circa July '43.

"X" - Aircraft used by 36FS, 8FG, Port Moresby, PNG circa August '43.

Thanks to: Allen for his P-39D-1 Airacobra

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P39D1 skinpack 1 UT

P39D1 skinpack 2 UT

Description: P39D1 skinpack2 for CFS2 by UncleTgt.

These are a collection of repaints for Allen's P39D1 Airacobra for CFS2. They depict P-39D1 & P-39D2 versions.

The textures are: "C" Sunsetter - Aircraft flown by 35FS, 8FG, Port Moresby, PNG late May'42. Flown by Lt Carpenter - early skin with pre-war insignia & US flag on the cockpit door.

"C" Sunsetter - Aircraft used by 35FS, 8FG, Port Moresby, PNG late July'42. Flown by Capt Andres.

"C" Sunsetter - Aircraft used by 35FS, 8FG, Port Moresby, PNG October'42. Flown by Capt Rasmussen.

"T" - Aircraft from 80FS, 8FG, deployed to Milne Bay PNG during September '42.

Thanks to: Allen for his P-39D1 Airacobra

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P39D1 skinpack 2 UT

P39D1 skinpack 3 UT

Description: P39D1 skin pack3 for CFS2 by UncleTgt.

These are a collection of repaints for Allen's P39D1 Airacobra for CFS2. They depict P-39D1 versions.

The textures are: "M" - Aircraft flown 35FS, 8FG, Milne Bay, PNG October'42. Pilot was CO. Maj. Norman "Coach" Morris & was painted black for use as a makeshift night fighter.

"K" Miss Helen the Flying Jenny - Aircraft used by 36FS, 8FG, Milne Bay, PNG December'42. Pilot Lt. George Welch.

"Q" Nips Nemesis II - Aircraft used by 35FS, 8FG, Milne Bay, PNG December'42. Pilot was Lt. Don McGee.

Thanks to: Allen for his P-39D1 Airacobra

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P39D1 skinpack 3 UT

P400 skinpack UT

Description: P400 skin pack for CFS2 by UncleTgt.

These are a collection of repaints for Allen's P39D1 Airacobra mdl for CFS2. They depict P-400 versions.

The textures are: "J" 22 - Aircraft from 35FS, 8FG, operating from Port Moresby, PNG, June '42. Pilot Lt. Davis.

"K" 19 - Aircraft piloted by Lt. Norb Ruff of 80FS, 8FG, & operating from Milne Bay, PNG, October '42.

"6" - Aircraft from 67FS, 347FG, operating from Henderson, Guadacanal, Solomon Islands, October '42.

Thanks to: Allen for his P-39D-1 Airacobra.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P400 skinpack UT

P39Q skinpack UT

Description: P39Q skinpack for CFS2 by UncleTgt.

These are a collection of repaints for Allen's P39Q Airacobra for CFS2.

The textures are: "M" - Aircraft from 36FS, 8FG, operating out of Port Moresby, PNG during September'43.

Devastating Devil - Aircraft flown by 6FS & operating out of Canton Island circa SEP '43.

Thanks to: Allen for his P-39Q Airacobra.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P39Q skinpack UT

Icon22 Allen Airacobra Mk1 UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: Allen Airacobra Mk1 Revisions by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Allen's P-39D1 Airacobra for CFS 2. Because of the extensive nature of the revisions I've decided to upload as a complete aircraft for ease of installation. I've taken Allen's P-39D1 & created an RAF Airacobra mk1.

The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. Cockpit glass is now shiny. To avoid possible CTDs if using this alongside other P39 versions that also share the same model file source, I've renamed the P39D1_airacobra.mdl to Airacobra_mk1.mdl.

The airfile was thoroughly revised & optimized for AI formation keeping & combat performance, whilst giving believable performance in speed, range & ceiling.

The 2D panel bitmap has been made WIN 7+ friendly. I combined Shina's excellent 2D panel with the stock VC panel view, & improved the resolution of the VC view instruments.

I used Lawdog's P-39 sound v2.

The dp file makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of Bismark13's Beaufighter bombs, & my recompile of Wolfi's TBF US pilot as a RAF ETO pilot. The drop tank is DBolt's P47 tank. I also created a P39_fishtail_exh exhaust object. It adds the fishtailed exhaust stubs only seen on the RAF Airacobra & a pilots seat. The stock pilot is hidden using alpha channel textures.

The texture supplied is: UF-J Aircraft from 601 sqn RAF, circa October 1941.

Wolfi for use of his great US pilot figure.

Lawdog for all of his many great sound packs.

UncleTgt,

OCT 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Allen Airacobra mk1 UT

Updated Allen P-39s released by UncleTgT

There's a whole passel of them. Great job UT.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

... and there's more

Next set of revisions are all based on using the OH P-39D model. From that you can get the basic P-39D & the P-39F, P-39K, P-39L, & P-39N models. Each has their own airfile etc.

Phew!

Just the non-US skins left to configure after this ...

Library Staff
    Beautiful work John - the cockpit and exhaust fix is clever - thanks very much.
    Cheers,
    Kevin

Thank you!!! These exhausts look indeed much better than the painted ones! And your skins are top notch as always!

Thanks for the Cobras UT! To get the P-400 to work, I had to change the texture entry in the config file from 80FS_OCT42 to 80FS_SEP42.

Now where can I find your recompile of Wolfi's US pilot?

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    Thanks for the Cobras UT! To get the P-400 to work, I had to change the texture entry in the config file from 80FS_OCT42 to 80FS_SEP42.

Now where can I find your recompile of Wolfi's US pilot?

Oops! Typo on my part, P-400 zip now amended.

I recompiled Wolfi's US Pilot & Gunner back in early 2018 to allow you to still use the stock US pilot in other aircraft in your install.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=281&id=23366

Small DP fixes just uploaded. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1299694

Original uploads have been updated.

Love the updates! Many thanks UT.

Reply...

UncleTgt,

Many thanks for these outstanding repaints and updates!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 0