Ground Objects

Thread: Ground Objects

Blog Entries

Ground Objects

Does anybody know if aircraft can be used for ground objects without being in the aircraft folder? I mean is it possible to stick them elsewhere instead of the aircraft folder as there is a limit on aircraft and some I use for ground objects I don't necessarily fly that much so no need them taking up space if it's unnecessary. One other thing I noticed some of the overhauled stock aircraft have the rollfix while others don't. I can easily look at one aircraft and fix another like it in the systems but the boxes need fixed too and that's where i get confused.

As far as I know, ground objects must be in a .bgl or .api format. Unless an aircraft .mdl has been converted to a .bgl it can only be placed as the full aircraft model.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

The aircraft would have to be converted to a bgl or strangle maybe make the aircraft a ship. This could work as ships are .mdl files but ships also have a max cap.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback. I went another route by replacing some aircraft objects by hex editor in the gsl file. Seemed to work and I didn't have to use the ones it called for just because i needed them as ground objects. If I planed on using them in missions etc then I wouldn't needed to worry about it I would just download and install them and kept the gsl the way it was.

Could offer a quick explanation of how you did this with Hex editor, please?

KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman1960 View Post
    Could offer a quick explanation of how you did this with Hex editor, please?

KB
    Open with hex editor and look for the planes listed. Find a another plane same length of characters and overwrite the name

Blog Entries
    Just to be clear I wasn’t the one who placed the aircraft but I wanted to change the aircraft that was in the gsl file that Dog1 created. That was how I did it. A work around if you wanted a different plane but didn’t want to hack the gsl would be say you wanted a Val you could rename the Val to his aircraft but then in the Mdl list put his aircraft = D3A1 Val and it will say u destroyed a Val when u shoot or bomb it.

Members who have read this thread: 0