Short Sunderland Mk III available

Thread: Short Sunderland Mk III available

Short Sunderland Mk III available

Romantic Wings has released the Short Sunderland Mk III. https://secure.simmarket.com/romanti...nd-mkiii.phtml

If you're not familiar with them, they released the freeware Heinkel 162, and a payware Zero package. The planes are decidedly FSX in quality, but still might be of interest for super-fans of the particular airplane.

I was going to pick it up because it's reasonably priced and it's a one-man shop doing passion projects, but yikes, those panel lines remind me of the disappointing Aurora model kits I'd buy as a kid that were never updated to "Modern 1970s standards" from their 1950's originals...

I'll pass, it looks as if it was made from bricks...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Yes, this is unfortunately a series intended for those who like arcade or for fans of a specific plane, but if you forget about realism (perhaps the whole is doing by one person only). However, it must be admitted that the selections are very interesting. Id like to have good Zero, early German jets or this known Sunderland. First day of purchase for me ... but if it would be high quality modoels. Im not a target for this company ;>.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    I agree with Jan, it looks like the Sunderland was built from concrete blocks.

This looks very much like the one released for FSX by First Class Simulations, with the same brickwork effect.

Too bad.
    Looks like Lego.

A release for all of us old 'FROG' plastic kit wranglers: Unlike their AVRO Shackleton at least it it isn't wearing rivet heads the size of Apples!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 2