I am the king of scrounging!

Thread: I am the king of scrounging!

I am the king of scrounging!

And when I die, I'll be the first hedonist to be canonized as Saint Tom the Scrounger, Patron Saint of Horse Traders!

Long story short, I'm now the owner of a no-cost Samsung 32" fully 4K monitor! When I connected it to my laptop in place of the TV that I had been using, the difference was like night and day! This thing is supremely sharp. If I run my sim up to full 4K resolution, it nearly grinds to a halt, running 7-10 FPS inside the Kodiak's cockpit. But even scaling back to 1080, the graphics are still clear enough that I no longer have to zoom in on the engine instruments to read turbine speeds during startup.

I looked up the model, and it seems that if I can come up with a remote for it, it also has some "smart" features like streaming TV apps, but I'm not going to sweat that right now, since my regular TV has that anyway.

Edit... The remote from the old Samsung TV that I just took off the desk does everything I need, so I have full access to all the menus and can even set up the streaming services if I want. But there's really no need, since I can use my 'puter for streaming anyway.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Always nice to find something like that!!! Congrats on the new visuals!!

Don

opens up a new slot on your Christmas list Tom....

Members who have read this thread: 0