Rob's Vampire FB5 available - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rob's Vampire FB5 available

Thanks so much Rob! I only had 10 minutes to test before work today but from what I can tell, all systems appear to be working in this version. You really went the extra mile updating all the code, and it definitely has that new-mod smell. Seriously, is it just me, or do the textures look even a bit better now, especially the canopy?

Love this plane. Even though Rob disclaims any flight model fidelity, you can fly this according to the real life POH or online pireps and it behaves just as it should. I'd say it feels more like a Vampire than the SwissMilSim payware product does. Normally I tweak the heck out of the flight models in addon planes, but for this plane the only thing I am doing is dialing back the drag_coef_spoilers parameter, as the dive brakes seem a bit over-effective to me at slowing down the jet.

Thanks again,

August

Vampire now available in Warbirds Library.

File deleted according to the link. Edit: Oops, missed this page. It's not showing up in the Warbirds library for me, though it says there's a 4th jet. I'll check again later. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    As always, many thanks for providing the results of your labour Rob, it really is appreciated.

NJ 11 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NJ 08 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

OP edited with correct d/l link
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks Rob and Tom. OMW to DL it now.

Thanks Rob, as always.

LouP

Golden ?

@JanKees

Would you consider painting the gold Vamp N6878D? It has an interesting history documented.

https://www.aerovintage.com/tallmantz-aviation/vampire/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tallmantz-63.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	88576

I might, but I have a few other plans first... and I'm fighting my way through a 90 GB mandatory update, I've been downloading the entire day and now find myself at 60%, groan
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Just noticed that Rob Carrich's Vampire FB5 is available in the Warbirds Library Checking it out first thing tomorrow ...http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9455&catid=247
    She is a beauty, but my HOTAS throttle has zero effect. Only way I could get the throttle to move, was with my mouse. Also, the parking brake won't release. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    She is a beauty, but my HOTAS throttle has zero effect. Only way I could get the throttle to move, was with my mouse. Also, the parking brake won't release. NC
    you should link your throttle axis on your hotas to THROTTLE 1. Well, I did, and it worked.
    I also set my parking brake to p and it worked fine...

As I mentioned in a post uptopic, you're running into the throttle controller issues introduced a few sim updates ago. Try mapping your throttle to both "Throttle" and "Throttle 1" in the controller settings area. It will warn you that you're already using the mapping, but that's not a problem. Hopefully that will help.

nice, a full day downloading some mandatory update of 90G, and now all my marketplace aircraft and all my scenery updates are no longer installed, and the sim can't find my community folder any more. I bet it's gone back to the stupid default settings as well, but I'm too depressed to find out.
    I think I'll take a break from this nightmare...

Icon25

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    nice, a full day downloading some mandatory update of 90G, and now all my marketplace aircraft and all my scenery updates are no longer installed, and the sim can't find my community folder any more. I bet it's gone back to the stupid default settings as well, but I'm too depressed to find out.
    I think I'll take a break from this nightmare...
    Hi , i read that there were server problems ...

HB

Well, I am making progress, but no cigar yet. Throttle responds to my HOTAS, but when I advance it to full, the engine spools down and shuts off. NC

Well, I am making progress, but no cigar yet. Throttle responds to my HOTAS, but when I advance it to full, the engine spools down and shuts off. NC
    Sounds like a reverse axis, Pete!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

What is the proper startup procedure?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    nice, a full day downloading some mandatory update of 90G
    I don't think there'll ever be a mandatory update that large, that's the entire sim being re-downloaded. Usually that means that the sim lost its link to the community folder. SU11 beta started today, so I wonder if that's what triggered it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Sounds like a reverse axis, Pete!
    Yes it does. Will check. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    As I mentioned in a post uptopic, you're running into the throttle controller issues introduced a few sim updates ago. Try mapping your throttle to both "Throttle" and "Throttle 1" in the controller settings area. It will warn you that you're already using the mapping, but that's not a problem. Hopefully that will help.
    Yep, working now. Thanks :NC

Hi,

Same issue with my saitek x52 pro !

A solution ?
    Always doubting is close to the truth...

I seem to have it working again, so back to the Vampire:
    next project, still very much work in progress
    NZ 01 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NZ 03 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NZ 07 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Fantastic looking skin JanKees.

Quote Originally Posted by zetar View Post
    Hi,

Same issue with my saitek x52 pro !

A solution ?
    Scroll through the responses here in this thread and you should see some tips on mapping the throttle axis to either Throttle and/or Throttle 1. Try different combinations and see what you get. Don't forget you have the option to save different profiles, so if one throttle mapping works for one plane and not others, save the profile separately for that one plane to make it easy to switch functions.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 2