Rob's Vampire FB5 available
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rob's Vampire FB5 available

Rob's Vampire FB5 available

Just noticed that Rob Carrich's Vampire FB5 is available in the Warbirds Library
    Checking it out first thing tomorrow ...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9455&catid=247
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; October 11th, 2022 at 13:05.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up.

Looks really great on first flight! However, having a weird issue: Can't get the gear or flaps to raise, with controller or keyboard. Anyone else having this issue?

Tried to re-download and same issue.

Yes, same problem with the gear.

August

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Just noticed that Rob Carrich's Vampire FB5 is available in the Warbirds Library
    Checking it out first thing tomorrow ....
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9425&catid=247
    Hmmm, can you check your link:
    Linkid 29425 does not exist
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Pulled until gear issue is fixed.

Same here, but nice to fly

HB

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Pulled until gear issue is fixed.
    Let me know when it's back up and I'll edit the OP.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Let me know when it's back up and I'll edit the OP.
    Thank you Tom.

People,

Rob was so kind as to let me test it on my rig. Not only does this model look and perform brilliantly, flaps and gear retract as they should.

Maybe a look at your controls after the last update of MSFS is in order here.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

No, it is not our controllers.

When starting either from a parking spot or the runway, whether using the controller, the keyboard shortcut, or clicking the gear lever in the cockpit, the gear lever moves to the up position but the gear do not retract. To make sure this was not just a problem with the external animation, I landed with the gear lever in the up position, and it touched down on the wheels.

However, I did just try spawning in the air, and when I do this, the gear cycles perfectly, both up and down.

Therefore, I suspect the problem is not with the model but with the starting state of some system in the runway.flt and apron.flt files.

I will try to mess with some of those parameters myself and see if I can troubleshoot the issue.

Hope this helps.

August

OK, I misdiagnosed the problem above, but I think now I may have found it and possibly fixed it.

I thought that the flaps and gear worked when I spawned in the air, because I tried them right after spawning, but actually, they stopped working after a few seconds. I could cycle the gear 3 or 4 times, but then they stopped, sometimes with the gear half extended, where it then stuck. Then I found that when I start on the ground, the flaps work initially, but again only for a few seconds; there's no way to take off quickly enough that the gear don't die. So the issue is that the flaps and gear are running out of power.

The following edits to the cfg files appear to have fixed the problem for me. In flight_model.cfg, in the [CONTACT POINTS] section, change gear_system_type from 0 to 1. This makes them hydraulic, which they were in reality, rather than electric. Also, in the [FLAPS] section, change system_type from 0 to 1, which does the same thing. Again, in real life the flaps were hydraulic.

That may be all you need to do, but I also went into the systems.cfg file and made the [HYDRAULIC_SYSTEM] section as follows:

[HYDRAULIC_SYSTEM]
    electric_pumps = 0 ;
    engine_map = 1,0,0,0 ;
    normal_pressure = 500

My gear and flaps appear to be working for the duration of my flights now. If you are having the gear and flaps problem, see if this works for you.

August

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    OK, I misdiagnosed the problem above, but I think now I may have found it and possibly fixed it.

[HYDRAULIC_SYSTEM]
    electric_pumps = 0 ;
    engine_map = 1,0,0,0 ;
    normal_pressure = 500

My gear and flaps appear to be working for the duration of my flights now. If you are having the gear and flaps problem, see if this works for you.

August
    Can somebody (@Priller?) with a working system please post the desired switchology for Batterie Master, Avionins Master and Generator? Is there a *.pdf inside the folder?
    They all start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience .
    The trick is, to fill the bag with experience before you run out of luck . . .

I thought that the flaps and gear worked when I spawned in the air, because I tried them right after spawning, but actually, they stopped working after a few seconds. I could cycle the gear 3 or 4 times, but then they stopped, sometimes with the gear half extended, where it then stuck. Then I found that when I start on the ground, the flaps work initially, but again only for a few seconds; there's no way to take off quickly enough that the gear don't die. So the issue is that the flaps and gear are running out of power.

The following edits to the cfg files appear to have fixed the problem for me. In flight_model.cfg, in the [CONTACT POINTS] section, change gear_system_type from 0 to 1. This makes them hydraulic, which they were in reality, rather than electric. Also, in the [FLAPS] section, change system_type from 0 to 1, which does the same thing. Again, in real life the flaps were hydraulic.

That may be all you need to do, but I also went into the systems.cfg file and made the [HYDRAULIC_SYSTEM] section as follows:

[HYDRAULIC_SYSTEM]
    electric_pumps = 0 ;
    engine_map = 1,0,0,0 ;
    normal_pressure = 500

August
    Thanks for the tip, now i got it working except for the throttle lever, it won´t move, but i manage to fiddle with F3 so i can get up in the air, + the Lights are out, some minor electrical problem to fix

HB

Maybe its best to just wait untill Rob uploads a new version.

It is, but hopefully this thread can be helpful to his debugging. I'm finding that the electrical system dies after a minute or so. That's the source of the gear and flaps dying, and also the radio dies. The electrical setup in MSFS is complicated and I know nothing about it, but I'm content to fly this wonderful plane with the gear and flaps switched to hydraulic and no comms for now.

August

It is, but hopefully this thread can be helpful to his debugging. I'm finding that the electrical system dies after a minute or so. That's the source of the gear and flaps dying, and also the radio dies. The electrical setup in MSFS is complicated and I know nothing about it, but I'm content to fly this wonderful plane with the gear and flaps switched to hydraulic and no comms for now.

August
    Hi, i replaced the [ELECTRICAL] data from another Jet from that ~ time ~, and then the Avionics and Lights work, but the throttle still not fully ok

HB

Confirmed, I made the edits K5083 mentioned and the gear and flaps are working properly now! Thanks, K5083!

Only remaining issue I'm having is the electrical system not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Brytskiva View Post
    Hi, i replaced the [ELECTRICAL] data from another Jet from that ~ time ~, and then the Avionics and Lights work, but the throttle still not fully ok
    Brytskiva, throttle is working for me, so I'm wondering if you're just running into the throttle controller issues introduced a few sim updates ago. Try mapping your throttle to both "Throttle" and "Throttle 1" in the controller settings area. It will warn you that you're already using the mapping, but that's not a problem. Hopefully that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Confirmed, I made the edits K5083 mentioned and the gear and flaps are working properly now! Thanks, K5083!

Brytskiva, throttle is working for me, so I'm wondering if you're just running into the throttle controller issues introduced a few sim updates ago. Try mapping your throttle to both "Throttle" and "Throttle 1" in the controller settings area. It will warn you that you're already using the mapping, but that's not a problem. Hopefully that will help.
    Ok thanks, i can test that, strange but every other Aircraft working ~

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post

I did that quite a few months ago already after Tom advised to do so, but the last update undid that. I redid it yesterday and now my multi engine models work as they should again. Why the hell would "they" mess with people's config?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Why the hell would "they" mess with people's config?
    Maybe the real (hidden) head of the operation is some flight-sim widow who left her husband over spending too much time on the 'puter, and now she's out for revenge?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The Vampire (based on a 10 year old FSDS model) has been built in Blender 3.1, exported with the ASOBO app and compiled with a latest SDK.
    The only thing that might have been a problem was the FLT. Files I used were from the old SDK samples.
    All these files have been updated to the latest available plus a new systems cfg. File and a new flight cfg. file.
    The textures and comp files have also been improved mainly for the camo model.
    I have to say that the previous model worked without problems so curing a problem that does not exist for me is a bit of a pain!
    I can only guarantee that this new model will work on an ASUS system with these specs.
    Win 11 pro 22H2, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII MB, ASUS GeForce RTX 3080, 11th gen Intel i9 OC 5.4GHz etc.etc……………..
    Sorry for any problems the Vampire may have caused.
    Here is the latest model, any constructive observations (other than throttle and rivets) will be attended to.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gzttjx

Robert Richardson

Rob,

Many thanks and keep up the good work.

Members who have read this thread: 2