Dino's M-346 is out!

Thread: Dino's M-346 is out!

Dino's M-346 is out!

This is Dino's best model to date IMHO.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (6518).jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	88490Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (6521).jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	88491Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (6524).jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	88492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (6537).jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	88493

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    If I still had a rig that would run MSFS, I would be on this like a cat with catnip.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Looks like I'm going to have to stop playing Star Citizen for a little why to give this bird a spin. I loved it in P3D and it looks like it's only gotten better.

I'm going to be all over this when I get home from work! Especially after the high praise from StormILM!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

After reading this thread, I go to Sim Market, buy Dino's latest and greatest and fire up MSFS. (I also acquired a Tobii eye tracker about 1 month ago because "winter is coming".) I'm reminded by MSFS that the first MSFS was released in 1982 (and I still have my water stained box / copy somewhere). My departure with the M-346 is from my local airport (KLVN) with a destination about 30 miles south...KFBL. I haven't spent much time setting up the simulator, eye tracker or anything else, but the graphics and aircraft performance are spectacular! This little jet is peppy and responsive...really fun to fly. 40 years have passed and the green lines are now bordering on a realistic representation of flying (good job M$FT). Really good job (again) by Dino. Well worth the $24.

P.S. John...sorry to hear about your loss. What happened to your rig?
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    After reading this thread, I go to Sim Market, buy Dino's latest and greatest and fire up MSFS. (I also acquired a Tobii eye tracker about 1 month ago because "winter is coming".) I'm reminded by MSFS that the first MSFS was released in 1982 (and I still have my water stained box / copy somewhere). My departure with the M-346 is from my local airport (KLVN) with a destination about 30 miles south...KFBL. I haven't spent much time setting up the simulator, eye tracker or anything else, but the graphics and aircraft performance are spectacular! This little jet is peppy and responsive...really fun to fly. 40 years have passed and the green lines are now bordering on a realistic representation of flying (good job M$FT). Really good job (again) by Dino. Well worth the $24.

P.S. John...sorry to hear about your loss. What happened to your rig?
    Ever since SU 10, I am suffering massive shudders and freezes. I have been trying anything and everything. I finally, formatted and repartitioned the C drive. I then installed Windows 11. Uninstalled and reinstalled MSFS. No go. Same freezes. I have run numerous stress tests on the system. Hardware passed each one with flying colors. The only other flight sim on the system is DCS. It runs fine. I am considering reinstally P3D, just to see what happens. I am sure it will run fine too.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

John,

Starting to feel like your issue may be hardware related. Have you cleaned out the case recently? Maybe an overheating problem due to dust build up. Make sure all your components are seated ok. Also, you may want to check your voltage to make sure the power supply is still putting out. It sounds like a pita, I know, but just trying to help.

LouP

Sounds like Lou is on to something. 2 years ago I was having trouble running The Division 2 and I did not notice that anything else was impacted. A power supply replacement and re-seating components solved the problem. I no longer recycle power supplies, I bite the bullet and buy new. (Once upon a time I even had a new power supply fail on me, so it is good to have one of those power supply testers also....I don't remember it costing too much.)

Just to stay on topic...Dino's M-346 is great!

Good luck John.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Ever since SU 10, I am suffering massive shudders and freezes. I have been trying anything and everything. I finally, formatted and repartitioned the C drive. I then installed Windows 11. Uninstalled and reinstalled MSFS. No go. Same freezes. I have run numerous stress tests on the system. Hardware passed each one with flying colors. The only other flight sim on the system is DCS. It runs fine. I am considering reinstally P3D, just to see what happens. I am sure it will run fine too.
    try this

Name:	7F5A8EBD-E4ED-4E99-AB94-4098522E2560.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	88515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AEB10F42-175E-4F8F-B7C4-28A8422E2EDE.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	88514

it fixed the same problem I was having.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    try this

Thanks! I will try this.

Jay, thank you for the power supply suggestion.

I will figure out my issue and then buy Dino's latest creation. I had the M-346 in P3D. I enjoyed it.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    try this

Thanks! I was noticing an increase in stuttering issues but this fix helped to clear most of them. I notice the sim's function and visual experience is more fluid now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also note that the latest Windows 11 update, 22H2, introduces a ton of stuttering in MSFS with Nvidia drivers.

To fix this:
    1) Load GeForce experience (or install it, in my case; I wasn't using it previously)
    2) Click the Gear (settings) icon in the upper right corner, to the left of your username
    3) In the "About" section on the General tab, click "Enable experimental features."

That checkbox makes a change that turned MSFS from a stuttering mess back to smooth and flyable in my case.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...tail/a_id/5395

Version 1.0.1 – 10/10/2022
    Minor update
    - Fixed bug in Pointer 1 orientation in VOR mode
    - Fixed incorrect fuel tank configuration
    - Added VR stick configuration and collision mesh
    - Removed T-100 livery
    - Fixed bug preventing assistance customization from working
    - Tweaks to landing lights, cockpit and strobe effects (courtesy of user kdfw)
    - Added missing pedestal lights
    - Redone AI sound package
    - Added Prandtl Glauert singularity effects
    - Flight model changes: improved lateral stability, reduced flaps lift coefficients, tweaks to drag
    coefficients
    - Improvements to tires behavior
    - Added automatic de-icing system
    - Added Mach cone and sonic boom sound effects
    - Fixed minor bug preventing VS adjustments in SC mode
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Members who have read this thread: 0