Pacific Scenery Issues - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pacific Scenery Issues

So next i deactivated Solomon_Islands_UT ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ballale_87Days+MR_Solomons_plus_Solomons_Airbases_43early_active.jpg  

I'm pretty sure that's your screenshot.

Here's the scenery library I used to reproduce it ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ballale_ghosting_scenery_Library_config.jpg  

Conclusions:
    You can use MR_Solomons with this install, but load it high in the scenery library & be prepared to see areas with no shorelines & possibly sloping water. I think you must have deactivated Solomon_Islands_UT by mistake, or because it interfered with MRs depiction of Ballale.

Maskriders Solomons was made before Rhumba released his more accurate world mesh.

My Solomons is made to use with Rhumbas new world mesh.

You shouldn't try using any Solomons_UT airbase sets with MR_Solomons installed.

They cover much the same locations, just with appearances as per slightly different timeframes, In general Maskriders base layouts are fully developed, as these were reasonably well documented at the end of WW2. My base layouts are more spartan & basic, trying to depict the bases as they were at the time they were fought over.

In short, pick MR or UT airbases & don't have both active at the same time.

I hope this helps.

PS. In your original post you said you removed Ballale bgls from MR_Solomons. I would put them back, as I hope you see from the series of screenshots Maskriders Ballale is at the slightly different location to mine. If you don't put them back, whenever you load MR_Solomons your Ballale airbase will be sitting (partly) in water.

Hey many thanks UT. I had to overnight down in Johnson Count to take care of the horses but I'm back now. I'll get to work on Ballale tonight. I do believe the last shot is spot on to mine issue. Now I know how to proceed. Thanks!

Steve
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Library Staff
    Hi Steve,
    I've combined your threads as they are more or less related and might be some help for other people having scenery problems in the PTO.
    Cheers,
    Kevin

Thanks guys. Scenery has always been a bugaoo for me in any theater

Yes! Many thanks for the help gentlemen. Most of this remains a mystery to me. So... I finally made a new stock install just for the wonderful "87 Days Campaign". In this I have ONLY installed UT's scenery. As a result, all UT's scenery works great. I wonder what scenery of MR's would work in this new CFS2 install and not interfere with UT's? I hesitate to experiment now that all is working so well.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Library Staff
    I suggest installing all Pacific scenery packages available including mesh, water masks, water and coastal flattens but not activating them. UT's and MR's scenery for the same locations should be kept in separate scenery layers.

It's then a matter to refer to each scenery package's installation instructions to see which other layers are compatible.

I know it's a bit of a pain, but when flying in different parts of the Pacific, you will have to activate and/or deactivate various layers for things to display correctly. The layer order is important of course.

Dvslats/Rami's Pacific Scenery Installation Guide probably needs expanding to cover all contingencies.

Thanks KD, doing that now.

Members who have read this thread: 0