F7F Tigercat for FSX by Milton Shupe and team

Thread: F7F Tigercat for FSX by Milton Shupe and team

Where can I find and download this Aircraft?

I have looked thru the library and can't find it, some paints but no AC.

TSquare

I think the FS2004 F7f by Milton Shupe available at AVSIM grumman_f7f-3_warbirds_v3.zip

was updated to Native FSX by GMan whose files were removed from the SOH library, I think!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Only Repaints

There is no original model at AVSIM I found by search only repaints. Simviation and Flyaway Sim have the Alpha ported for FSX by internet search if you want that one.

Try the one at Simviation uploaded by "Jetranger"...

The Old MSgt

When the FS2004 version was completed Milton did then as FSX friendly models.

Although it has been in the hands of a number of people to convert to FSX native I don't know if it ever being completed.

Download the fs2004 version and look for the FSX specific files.

Grumman F7F-3 WIP RTWR Version for FS2004

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Whatever happened to Milton & Co.'s original F7F package for FS2004 with the -3, -3N, and -3P versions? I know we're talking FSX here but seems like the original package should be in plain sight for downloading somewhere online.

It is but...

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Whatever happened to Milton & Co.'s original F7F package for FS2004 with the -3, -3N, and -3P versions? I know we're talking FSX here but seems like the original package should be in plain sight for downloading somewhere online.
    https://www.fs2000.org/2015/10/08/fs...1-3-3n-series/

Except Perfect Flight claims it will ONLY work in FS9 not FSX, to download Gman's FSX version which we know is been removed. If you want to download and try it I am 99% sure it will not harm the sim but just not work IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    https://www.fs2000.org/2015/10/08/fs...1-3-3n-series/

Except Perfect Flight claims it will ONLY work in FS9 not FSX, to download Gman's FSX version which we know is been removed. If you want to download and try it I am 99% sure it will not harm the sim but just not work IMHO
    Thanks, tgycgijoes... I'd be happy just to have that FS9 package but I get "Oops! That page can't be found" when I click on the download button at your link.

Update: I just found the package here at SOH. Don't know why it didn't come up on my earlier searches but looks like I'm good to go, at lease for FS9.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post

No '-p', but the others are here.

SOH-CM-2022
    If people are interested in a "new" FSX native conversions I am happy to convert the models.

I would need someone with more artistic ability than me (like any) to create bump map and specular textures.

PM me if you would like to help.

Gavin

Personally I think there are many people interested. So if you want and can please do. I won't go over the story with Gordon Madison again, but he said he would make his work available elsewhere. But as we can conclude now this never happened and is unlikely to happen. The fact the FSX version never became available again is of course is a real pity, and although the conversion was his, the original model and many features were of course done by Milton Shupe and many others.

Cheers,
    Huub

?? I have several native FSX F7F-3 Tigercat models - single and two seater - in my hangar. Can't I or others just repost them to the Library? Shame to make someone do another conversion if it's unnecessary.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hello,
    -I also confirms having my F7F-1 and 3 natives FSX!
    Maybe convert the SOH B-26K, or the Bristol Beaufighter MK1F, modified FS9 by Shessi would also be very appreciated!

Alain
    -

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    ?? I have several native FSX F7F-3 Tigercat models - single and two seater - in my hangar. Can't I or others just repost them to the Library? Shame to make someone do another conversion if it's unnecessary.
    I don't think you can repost them if the person who did the conversion asked or demanded that they be removed from the server.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    The conversions to native FSX were done by Gordon Madison, who was banned after a conflict. After his ban he demanded that the files he had uploaded would be removed. So the files can not be uploaded again. As this is more or less the only removed file people keep searching, I personally think it is a good idea from Gavinc to convert it again.

Gordon said he would upload all his files and all the work he had announced over the years elsewhere, but so far this has never happened.

Cheers,
    Huub

Gordon can be found on linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gordon-madison-3730a280

Apparently he only does scenery development for Flightsim now.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Maybe convert the SOH B-26K
    Now that would be cool. If it were a jet I might be able to do it but have yet to learn how to do prop animations in MCX.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Tigercat portover

Here at Flightsim.com is Milton and team's F7F Tigercat FS2004 that says it works in FSX as a portover if you want to try it. Sounds like it has lots of goodies:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...3901463&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Here at Flightsim.com is Milton and team's F7F Tigercat FS2004 that says it works in FSX as a portover if you want to try it. Sounds like it has lots of goodies:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...3901463&page=2

Filename f7ffs9.zip
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Sorry I did not do that FSX conversion myself now. I retired from modeling work in 2017 and two years ago, I tried using Gmax again and I was mostly just lost. LOL

A Shupe Search link for downloads is in my signature box, however, ...

Here is a link to page 5 on my display anyhow of the FS9 F7F's:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=249&page=5
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

FSX Marines F-7 Tigercat VMP-254

This is Alphasim's Grumman F7 Tigercat. Not sure who did the conversion however Mark Rooks (RDG) is part of the project and he mentions that Francis Silva does not belong to RDG any longer. I do not know anymore than that listed as I have never d/loaded nor flown this aircraft.

File name: f-7tigercatvmp-254.zip and it's only 12.08 MB in size. Buyer beware I guess.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...ercat-vmp-254/

I can't believe that you retired back in 2017 Mr. Shupe. 5 years ago and it seems that it was just a few months ago. Thank you for all that you accomplished for us all sir!~

Members who have read this thread: 5