It's been been 15 years or more since I fooled with CFS2

Thread: It's been been 15 years or more since I fooled with CFS2

Blog Entries

It's been been 15 years or more since I fooled with CFS2

I didn't have any issues installing the game but windows 10 seems to be less compatible for CFS2 then what ever i was using before grey hairs started popping up. If your not in windows mode for instance your not seeing a preview screen of your plane selection in free flight. Another thing but this is something that may happen in all window versions is if your using several textures in your aircraft folder by editing the cfg file and numbering the texture folders then they all work fine in the game but the free flight preview only loads the first texture no matter which one u choose. go into free flight itself and your good just that window issue.

And that will not be the only issue . CFS2 and WinX is NOT a happy marriage. Better try to play in a virtual Win7.

hertzie.

Windows 10 snafu / content thread and CFS2 Win10 Install Tutorial
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Blog Entries
    Well not knocking on wood the game appears to be running just fine on my laptop. The only issue i had was the game wanted to sit there and become a image rather than a running game after I modified a Zero to use 50 cal machine guns in place of the 7.7 and the George cannons. Seems to work at first then after a time or two it wont work anymore and it quits the minute u try to fire the guns. After switching back which i was going to be doing anyway the game seems to run smoothly thus far. I just updated all my effects and edited my object dps and plan to install those so we'll find out if it wants to run or not.

Some add-on gun effects I have used in the past don't seem to work too well. They work fine in Free Flight but anymore (QC and Missions) than that they seem to not be programmed to end so CFS2 slow to a craw as all of the effects are piled into memory. I just stay away from effect that is going to be used by the AI like gun effects.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 0