87 Days Shorelines and Custom Textures Used

Thread: 87 Days Shorelines and Custom Textures Used

87 Days Shorelines and Custom Textures Used

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: Shorelines & Custom Textures used in 87 Days

This is a collection of the custom textures & shorelines used in the 87 Days rework from 2022. It's provided as a separate archive in case some users want to add my Solomons_UT scenery to a non-87 Days install.

I am not the sole author of all of these texture bitmaps, a couple are Maskriders, & the original "lagon" textures,plus the coral & wave lines were developed by Jean Bomber for his Truk scenery.

Any G2K scenery requires copying contents of your scenedb/world/texture folder to your main CFS2 texture folder. THe same filenames need to be present in both locations for shorelines to show correctly. Otherwise you may see those annoying blue/green/brown squares.

Note: the 87 Days Install also contains objects used in the Solomons_UT gsl packages, such as:

Henderson airfield aircraft shelter, spawnable crater objects etc.

The only way to get these items presently is from within your 87 Days Install!!

UncleTgt,

SEP 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit 87 Days Shorelines and Custom Textures Used
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon26

Looks much betterer!!! Lol

Thanks UT!!!

Cheers mav

Blog Entries
    Greetings from to drunk to know. If 87 days has already been installed then can Solomons_UT scenery be added later? What mesh file you use that covers the entire pacific theater of operations. I'm not really worried about Europe at this time but i would like to cover the pacific. Opps just dropped my bottle so I better scat and clean this up before the ole lady comes in.

Not big on Readmes then Deathwind...

2nd sentence from the Solomons_UT readme ...

This scenery builds on & extends the areas covered in the recent "87 Days" release by Captain Kurt, but it should work as a stand-alone scenery as well.

So if you follow the install instructions, it will replace the 87 Days Solomons (which I created also) with newer versions that cover a wider area. All the missions of 87 Days will still work just the same ....

I use Rhumbas complete set, which is:

LOD5
    LOD7
    LOD8

but not his watermasks, which IMHO seem too "aggressive" & put sloping water in lots of the coastal regions.

See the Scenery/Mesh section of the CFS 2 library.

It will take a while to get them all, but once you have them, you'll never go back to the old stuff

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=147
    Last edited by UncleTgt; September 28th, 2022 at 11:53.

Your work is making a massive difference in the appearance of the PTO.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much UTfor these textures !!!
    Cheers
    Beepee

Reply...

UncleTgt,

Thank you for this new scenery package update, as well as all of your other contributions to CFS2!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 0