Going Camping With My Plane

Thread: Going Camping With My Plane

Going Camping With My Plane

I had a small credit on my Steam account and went looking for something in the Marketplace to use it up. I decided to try this little add-on, "Campout Utility". With it you can build camp site in the vicinity of your aircraft, using a variety of objects. The campsite set ups can be saved so that each time you park a particular aircraft, you can deploy your saved campsite. Would be perfect for those bush pilot flights. I haven't seen it yet, but I believe the fire pit has a flame at night???

Forest

Yes, it has.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It sure is. :-)

Forest

Interesting, but can you respawn the aircraft at the camp site the next day when you wake up?

Rgds,

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Interesting, but can you respawn the aircraft at the camp site the next day when you wake up?

Rgds,

Seawing

I would think that if you saved the campsite setup for that aircraft and then saved the flight, the aircraft and camp should all respawn the way you left it. I haven't spent much time with saved flights with this version of FS.
    I did however just load an aircraft into a brand-new flight, but with a different livery, at a parking spot close to where I saved a previous camp site for this aircraft type and the camp site showed up exactly as it was.

Forest

Ok, but wouldn't that imply that the odd issue of the menu not being display/ being accessable would come to light again when loading a saved flight - i.e. you then couldn't change time and weather anymore?

Regards,

Seawing

I saw this on the Orbx store page, but it's priced at £25 which I think is a little too pricey for what it is. Good if you like bush flying, however, so maybe something to look out for come the next sale.

Seawing,
    That is exactly the reason why I haven't tinkered around with saved flights that much. My logbook up until this version of MSFS, goes back to 03/2002. it is actually one long flight, with the flight saved where I landed and parked and then continuing from that same location using the saved flight from the last leg. In over 20 years I think there's less than 10 flights that didn't fit into my continuous flying plan and those were usually online flights with other pilots that didn't start where I left off. With this version of MSFS, the little I've tried the same thing, the reloaded flight has no menu access so is basically useless. I'm doing a modified version of my old routine these days by just starting a completely new flight from the same place I parked at the end of the last one.

With the Campout Utility this works as the camp site is tied to the aircraft model and where-ever the aircraft parks, the campsite shows up.

PaulK,
    I wouldn't have paid that full price either but having that credit in my Steam account made it reasonable. :-)

Forest

Quote Originally Posted by FAC257 View Post
    I wouldn't have paid that full price either but having that credit in my Steam account made it reasonable. :-)
    Ah, fair enough then.

SOH-CM-2024

I have one in plastic, 1/72 scale

Revell-Germany, very nice kit, option to built land or seaplane. Need to update my tiny digital photos from years ago.
    Attachment 88403

Photo might be old, but the kit build looks great. Nice work. She's actually a really pleasant aircraft to fly in MSFS.

Forest

Now they changed price policy what is good for new customers. The price is more reasonable for this tool.
    I took it, Marketplace version. Do you know where is it any pdf manual for this tool?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0