Setting up Assetto Corsa and FS2020 at one desk

Thread: Setting up Assetto Corsa and FS2020 at one desk

Setting up Assetto Corsa and FS2020 at one desk

It's been about 5 years since I last ran FSX, I got hooked on Assetto Corsa, but now want to get back into Flying again.
    I know that there are some here that use both FS2020 and A/C. I would set it up so both could be used at any time, as the controls are different I'm thinking of setting up the wheel and pedals on one side of a desk, the computer in the middle and the FS hardware on the other side. Both would have their own monitor, the keyboard would have to be in front of the FS monitor. I'll be getting FS2020.

For those who have both simulators, how did you lay yours out?
    Thanks for any information.
    Dale Rudolph [ rudyjo ]

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    It's been about 5 years since I last ran FSX, I got hooked on Assetto Corsa, but now want to get back into Flying again.
    I know that there are some here that use both FS2020 and A/C. I would set it up so both could be used at any time, as the controls are different I'm thinking of setting up the wheel and pedals on one side of a desk, the computer in the middle and the FS hardware on the other side. Both would have their own monitor, the keyboard would have to be in front of the FS monitor. I'll be getting FS2020.

For those who have both simulators, how did you lay yours out?
    Thanks for any information.
    Dale Rudolph [ rudyjo ]
    Hi Rudyjo, I'm a regular user of Assetto Corsa and MSFS 2020.

Even if 8 years old, Assetto Corsa is still the best racing sim to me. Even if some newer racing sims may have caught up in quality, none of them can even compare to the huge community-based Assetto Corsa mod library.

Same open philosophy applies to MSFS 2020, in addition to the fact that no current flight sim can compare to it.

I've got my FS hardware permanently connected, and I connect the racing hardware only when I want to burn some rubber.

Happy flying (and racing)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    Hi Rudyjo, I'm a regular user of Assetto Corsa and MSFS 2020.

Even if 8 years old, Assetto Corsa is still the best racing sim to me. Even if some newer racing sims may have caught up in quality, none of them can even compare to the huge community-based Assetto Corsa mod library.

Same open philosophy applies to MSFS 2020, in addition to the fact that no current flight sim can compare to it.

I've got my FS hardware permanently connected, and I connect the racing hardware only when I want to burn some rubber.

Happy flying (and racing)!!
    Stearman
    I had been using Flight simulator starting with FS2004 and worked up to FSX, I was on it almost every day, as I like car racing, I thought I would try something different for a while, I had not planned on giving up on FSX but that's what happened.
    Last month, I had my computer updated from Windows 7 to Windows10, went from an i5 cpu to an i7 and now have a graphics card that is twice what the old one was. I happened to have a look at all the screenshots I took in FSX and was amazed at how good the scenery looked and wondered how much improved it must be with MSFS 2020.
    I plan on using both A/C and MSFS2020 daily so I'm trying to see how they would both be hooked up so either is always ready to use.
    As I'm retired, it looks like I'll be spending some time making a custom desk that will have both sets of controls and monitors always hooked up.
    Thanks for the reply, I knew there must be someone who used both a/c and MSFS.

at one time i had P3D,asseto corsa,and the farming game all set up with a 31" curved monitor.all three sets of controllers were permanently mounted to the desk. i had removed the doors to a closet,as i didnt have clothes to put in that closet,so i had a carpenter do it for me. he used a c channel thing mounted under a shelf over the desk,the monitor was mounted to it with a set of rollers in the channel above the monitor and i just slid it back and forth to.which ever sim i was playing . err using,we dont play simulators.

long story short,in the video settings of your pc,there should be an option to use split screens. just enable that,move one from the main monitor. to the other. open that section in the settings,start the sim you want,then grab the very top bar and move it over to the second mo nitor and youve got it.someone (prolly everyone) smarted than i can explain it better than myself.but i gave the simple way..i hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    at one time i had P3D,asseto corsa,and the farming game all set up with a 31" curved monitor.all three sets of controllers were permanently mounted to the desk. i had removed the doors to a closet,as i didnt have clothes to put in that closet,so i had a carpenter do it for me. he used a c channel thing mounted under a shelf over the desk,the monitor was mounted to it with a set of rollers in the channel above the monitor and i just slid it back and forth to.which ever sim i was playing . err using,we dont play simulators.

long story short,in the video settings of your pc,there should be an option to use split screens. just enable that,move one from the main monitor. to the other. open that section in the settings,start the sim you want,then grab the very top bar and move it over to the second mo nitor and youve got it.someone (prolly everyone) smarted than i can explain it better than myself.but i gave the simple way..i hope it helps
    Daveroo
    Your suggestion is too simple, I like the idea of having a carpenter come out to remove the doors and run rollers around the desk.
    Actually I do have two monitors and switch between doing everyday computing and running Assetto Corsa on the other monitor, it's more like an "L" shaped desk.
    I've only got the one computer but now I want to add a separate FS control setup besides the wheel and pedals I have now.
    I'll figure it out. I try to look at it as being a job, but an interesting challenge.

Members who have read this thread: 1