terrain texture problem

Thread: terrain texture problem

terrain texture problem

hey

well I just created a CFS2 European install on my comp and the terrain textures are a little out of wack as you can see from the pic below (in the distance). Is there a way to fix this? My CFS2 Pacific install doesn't have this problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's a graphics thing in the ETO Jerm. Go to Settings/Display/Advanced Settings/Image Quality/ and set Maximum Visibility Level to 25 Miles. Maybe 30 max. Should look Ok after that.

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    It's a graphics thing in the ETO Jerm. Go to Settings/Display/Advanced Settings/Image Quality/ and set Maximum Visibility Level to 25 Miles. Maybe 30 max. Should look Ok after that.
    nope still didn't help. maybe I will get used to it after awhile.:faint:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jerm: set the settings/scenery library to 15 miles and then set the quick combat to 15 miles...any more and you get the light blue/green backgrounds. You must set both places. Wish it could be further, but..havn't found a way.

Good Luck!
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

If PSULLYKEYS method doesn't work, you can download and install Cfo_weather, available here:

http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk...Weather_75.htm

Cfo_weather allows you to change all the weather conditions from your dropdown in-flight menu during missions, quick combat, and free flight. Cfo_weather also offers some other interesting options, including a handy autopilot.

To set your visibility at 15 nm with Cfo_weather:

1. In CFS2, max out your "max visibility slider" - all the way to the right. This is important to make the Cfo visibility option work.

2. Start a mission or other flight and click on Cfo from your in-flight dropdown menu.

3. Select "time and weather", "advanced weather", and "visibility".

4. Set "tops" at 50,000, "base" at 0, and set the visibility slider at 15 nm.

5. Exit back to your flight or mission.

If you can't see the wierd stuff off in the distance, it won't bother you. This has to be done after you start your mission or flight. As mentioned, you can also change other weather conditions during missions and flights this way.

Setting haze this way also makes other aircraft in the distance show up better. It really shouldn't, but it does. It's a graphics thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PSULLYKEYS View Post
    Jerm: set the settings/scenery library to 15 miles and then set the quick combat to 15 miles...any more and you get the light blue/green backgrounds. You must set both places. Wish it could be further, but..havn't found a way.

Good Luck!
    I'm not sure what you meant by set quick combat to 15 miles. I got the maximum visibility level set to 15 if thats what you mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 1