Annoying issue

Thread: Annoying issue

Annoying issue

I am currently enjoying AF Scrubs Polikarpov I-153 having seen the little beasts in New Zealand some years ago, great rate of roll and agility, trouble is the sights do not align with the common reticule which is above the cockpit sights. I have tried to adjust the y axis with CFGEdit which has worked with other cases but in those cases the problem had been reversed. I have tinkered with the panel cfg without success as it would seem that the Y axis needs to be in the minuses which CFGedit wont accept nor will a change to the CFG in wordpad make any difference from what I can see. Any pointer in the right direction would be appreciated

You can't make Y any larger than 6143 or so. The only options are to remove the gunsite from all aircraft (not a good idea) or edit the panel bitmap.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

You can add this to the panel.cfg

[VIEWS]
    VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=%window_title_00%
    VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=1.600, 0.000, 0.000

Adjust the 1.600 section to raise or lower the fire to align with the reticule -down +up. The next value in the VIEW_FORWARD_DIR tilts the panel left or right and the third one moves it +left -right.

It depends on who designed the panel as for the correct %window_title_00% entry.

Cheers
    Aussie

Library Staff
    Here is the extract from what I think this is the offending panel.cfg. It uses a lovely bitmap by Morton.

[VIEWS]
    VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL
    VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.500
    VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=-1.000, 0.000, 0.000

Just follow Aussie's instructions.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Bother

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to change, will have to get used to it as its a really nice model

Members who have read this thread: 1