Virtual cockpit gauges flashing for imported CFS1 aircraft?

Thread: Virtual cockpit gauges flashing for imported CFS1 aircraft?

Question Virtual cockpit gauges flashing for imported CFS1 aircraft?

Quite some time ago I imported all of the default CFS1 aircraft into CFS2. One problem that I've noticed is that the aircraft's gauges in the virtual cockpit of some (but not all) of the aircraft flash/blink. As an example, one CFS1 aircraft that comes to mind is the Focke-Wulf FW 190A. The gauges displayed in the virtual cockpit flash like crazy.

Any idea of what could cause this, and a possible fix?

Icon5

Hi R,
    Firstly and and lastly why the heck are you bothering with poor quality CFS1 visuals and tex, with problems such as the gauge issue, for CFS2 flying???!!

For example, there are probably over a dozen or more native CFS2 Fw190's to choose from, along with a dozen or so Fs9 Fw190's that can be easily converted to CFS2, all with good visuals, tex, VC's and no gauge problems......why have poor quality with issues when you don't have to...

Cheers

Shessi

ps Oh and the gauge flashing is due to the fact that not all CFS1 gauge code is completely compatible with the CFS2 sim, the way round (if you must) is to replace those gauges with CFS2 ones.

I think the gauge flashing are some sort of z-buffer problem with CFS2 and the CFS1 models as the gauges do work right when used on 3rd party models.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Firstly and and lastly why the heck are you bothering with poor quality CFS1 visuals and tex, with problems such as the gauge issue, for CFS2 flying???!!

For example, there are probably over a dozen or more native CFS2 Fw190's to choose from, along with a dozen or so Fs9 Fw190's that can be easily converted to CFS2, all with good visuals, tex, VC's and no gauge problems......why have poor quality with issues when you don't have to...
    I simply wanted all of the original CFS1 aircraft to fly in CFS2. Also in multiplayer in CFS2, all of the original CFS1 aircraft will pass the "Restricted Aircraft" option/test when playing multiplayer games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Oh and the gauge flashing is due to the fact that not all CFS1 gauge code is completely compatible with the CFS2 sim, the way round (if you must) is to replace those gauges with CFS2 ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I think the gauge flashing are some sort of z-buffer problem with CFS2 and the CFS1 models as the gauges do work right when used on 3rd party models.
    I'm thinking that it's a CFS1 model problem as well. I did a test and replaced all of the VC gauges with ones from a stock CFS2 aircraft (I used the Hellcat for my test), and then I also tried replacing the entire panel/gauges with the stock CFS2 Hellcat one. The gauges still flash like crazy during both tests.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with the texture that's used for the CFS1 VC background. In the case of the CFS1 Focke-Wulf FW 190A, it's embedded in the MDL file ("Fw190a_N.mdl") with the filename "$Fw190a". Hmmm... I don't suppose that there is some utility that can extract the emmbeded textures in a CFS1 model file? Not that I could actually fix the problem, but it would be interesting to be able to view that texture out of the game.

P.S. The reason that I was thinking that it might be the VC texture is that when I completely remove the entry "texture=$Fw190a" under the "[VCockpit01]" section of the aircraft's "Panel.cfg" file, ALL of the existing CFS1 gauges TOTALLY disappear in the VC cockpit within the game.

Members who have read this thread: 0