Carenado PC-12 is out!

Thread: Carenado PC-12 is out!

Carenado PC-12 is out!

Just got it from the FS2020 marketplace, am about to test fly it, more on it later.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshots look amazing, but I think I'll hold off until a few reviews are in.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It is an excellent model, flies well, nothing serious jumped out at me other than the Approach Hold is a little buggy, it tracks in on the localizer in a wide arc (shallow bank) to the outer marker resulting in a bit of an abrupt glideslope capture. When I tried to arm the approach hold a little closer the the beam, it overshot. It's a minor gripe on an otherwise nice model.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmm... How different does it feel from the TBM 930? Not a class of plane I fly a lot, but I haven't gone wrong with a Carenado purchase so far. (Plus I just need them to get to the darn T-34, so gotta keep them in business.)

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Hmm... How different does it feel from the TBM 930? Not a class of plane I fly a lot, but I haven't gone wrong with a Carenado purchase so far. (Plus I just need them to get to the darn T-34, so gotta keep them in business.)
    I think this model is a lot more refined than the TBM 930. The manual control feel is very good and predictable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    For the life of me, I can't get the Engine Condition assigned to an axis. i have tried, Mixture, Condition set, etc. nothing works.

On another note, I was able to sit in the right seat for a PC-12 flight from Anchorage to Lake Iliamna. What a blast that was.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

jmig, the condition lever for this model is coded to the Mixture control setting and is preset to move back and forth via mouse click or button/switch assignment. Any 3 position spring loaded momentary switch on a controller will work; hat switch or standard toggle switch that sits neutral in the middle but you can rock it back and forth for the 3 positions of the condition lever. The way it is coded, it won't work with a slider lever as far as I can tell.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    jmig, the condition lever for this model is coded to the Mixture control setting and is preset to move back and forth via mouse click or button/switch assignment. Any 3 position spring loaded momentary switch on a controller will work; hat switch or standard toggle switch that sits neutral in the middle but you can rock it back and forth for the 3 positions of the condition lever. The way it is coded, it won't work with a slider lever as far as I can tell.
    Thanks for the info. After reading your post I went rooting with A&O's LVAR viewer. I found two LVARS that showed variable changes when moving the control in-game. However, neither worked when assigned to a switch. I got frustrated and quit for the day. I will ruminate and later try again.

I love this airplane. It was my go to in PD3 and seems better in MSFS. But, I am having great dificulty moving the dang lever with the mouse in VR.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0