problems with cfs3

Thread: problems with cfs3

problems with cfs3

Hi
    After years with cfs2, I installed my cfs3 again and would open a campaign again and got following message: No British HQs/squadrons can be properly placed with spacing 2given the current squadron data and frontline shape. Uncuote: what does that mean? I have forgotten allmost everyting about cfs3, can/will enyone assist??
    Killer Svend

Daiwilletti is the man so wait for New Zealand time!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    This came up before in 2020. The chap who had the problem found this as a solution:

"EDIT: I have found the solution. Run the 3.1 patch and the 3.1a fix using compatiblity in Windows XP Service Pack 2, then still run as administrator. Can start the campaign without problems"

(this from thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Qs%2Fsquadrons )

Thank you gents
    Is it possible to have a direct link to patch 3.1a (running win10/64)
    Killer Svend

Thank you very mutch
    Killer Svend

Followed the advises upgraded 3.1 and 3.1a,using nocd,still no joy.
    Killer Svend

I assume you are talking about campaign issues? Again Daiwilletti is the man. I also suggest you download his improved CFS3 stock install http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...kage-Version-2

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Must run the 3.1a update in the stock install location ie. Program Files/Microsoft Games /cfs3,for it to work. Then you can install CFS3 in Program files(x86) in a folder ,(in whatever you want to name it).Make sure you have administer rights checked off and compatibility set to windows XP SP2.You can do this by selecting the CFS3 exe ,(in main folder),and right clicking and go to properties. Then you should be ok. Never run sim in just program files. Use another drive or program files(x86). Hope this helps. Regards,Scott

Hello Killer,

Do you mean 'no joy' in installing updates?
    You cannot install the updates to a 'modified' game...well maybe
    some mods like scenery or aircraft but not the thing you mentioned.
    Cheers.

I got a new set of cd's this solved the problem.I remember once upon a time,there was a start video, ending with a Thunderbolt taking out a bridge,not that I used it very mutch,but it is copletely disappered without my interferrece ???
    Killer Svend

SOH-CM-2020
    Gidday, the introductory movie can be turned on or off in the cfs3config settings. You can either run the config programme, or go directly to the configoverrides.xml file (in the AppData pathway) to make changes.

Members who have read this thread: 0