MSFS Addons Linker

Thread: MSFS Addons Linker

Blog Entries

MSFS Addons Linker

I want to give a shout out for this amazing little app. It allows you to move most of your add on files from the Community folder, leaving links to the actual locations of your addons. You can then turn on and off what you want to use or aren’t using from the MSFS Addons Linker app. After checking and/or unchecking scenery, aircraft, utilities, etc. You can start MSFS straight from the linker program.

I have hundreds of scenery files and aircraft addon linked to MSFS. I even was able to link the ASBRO aircraft and sceneries. I have turned off the airplanes I never fly, so they won’t show on the choose your aircraft list. I find that it is easier to select what you want when you don’t have to go through a hundred or more thumbnails.

It has a lot of extra features, like a map of all your addon sceneries and a method of grouping sceneries for a quick on/off of the group.

I did find a few programs that didn’t play well with MSFS Addon Linker. However, most of them work with no issues. Several YouTube videos help and there is a manual.

MSFS Addon Linker can be found at MSFS Addons Linker » Microsoft Flight Simulator
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 8700 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I have 107 Gb of add-ons in the Linker and have never had a CTD. Superb program.

The best thing about this is that it allows you to use lots of folders to store addons. I have mine split by country and then further by airports & non airport scenery, global mods etc. Makes it really easy to track what you've got.

Blog Entries
    Yes, it's a remarkable piece of software, I Have a number of pre-sets for each Country that I fly in, it saves a lot of flight load time.

I have amassed over 2TB of add-ons, and Addon-Linker is indispensable!! NC

I echo Navy Chief's comment. I am working through the complete change over to Addon Linker right now. Considerable work but well worth it in the end.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 0