More great library objects from UncleTgt - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More great library objects from UncleTgt

Uncletgt
    My head is spinning with all the gorgeous items. Slow down so my brain can absorb.

Brilliant!
    Superb detail.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Awesome, period!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Really cool creations , Thanks Uncle ,

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I also updated my recent Akemi Zero, Rufe & Val skinpacks with some airfile & aircraft.cfg tweaks - I've been working with Skylane to get much better AI formation flight characteristics, & better approximations of real life range performances - get ready for some long missions down the Slot!!!

Icon5 Wolfis Library Objects Part 6 - possible texture issue

I've recently been playing around in GMax trying my hand at expanding the pontoon bridge objects I made for Shadow Wolf.

This lead me to look at making some Bailey Bridge type objects for the Allies

As part of this, I started to look more closely at some of the bridges made by Wolfi. In his library objects part 6 there is a wooden bridge in 3 parts, but my zip doesn't have any textures in it for bridges. When I look at the object using ModelconverterX, it says it cant find any texture named "bridge1".

I've looked through all my different installs & I don't see this texture name anywhere. I've just re-downloaded part 6 (my original download was quite old) & it doesn't seem to include any bridge textures.

Anybody able to shed some light on this?

haha , it's a stock texture, it's in the main texture folder, -or should be. -Or use the zip below.

wolfi
    Attached Files Attached Files

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

I just can add my voice to the choir!
    Absolutely brillant, many thanks for the hard work )

Wow! So many new toys! Guess I'll be playing with scenery this weekend. Huge thanks!

Cheers Wolfi

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees...

Briliiant work UT.Many thanks!

Icon23

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Cheers Wolfi

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees...
    Well, stop making them then...............lol..

S

Library Staff
    Wonderful collection - thanks very much John.

I've had the privilege of testing some of the beautiful new Solomons scenery and the frame rates are good over the coconut plantation.

Thanks also for the new cosmetic surgery on Betty and Babs.

Cheers,
    Kevin

AF Blue Oiltank Texture revamp UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery - Library objects

Description: AF "Blue" Oiltank Texture Revamp

The AF Blue Oiltanks use the stock cfsair2.bmp as the texture for the tank sidewall. I just increased the bitmap size & replaced the existing texture with something more detailed.

Unzip this to a temporary location, then copy & paste the texture into your CFS2/SCENEDB/Inf/Texture folder, letting it replace the one that's already there.

UncleTgt
    SEP2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AF Blue Oiltank Texture revamp UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Priority Target Objects UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery - Library objects

Description: Priority Target Objects for CFS2

These are a set of invisible target objects that make use of the Target Priority & Hardness ratings discovered some time ago by the AF Team.

Whilst gsl objects have many advantages, it's often noticeable that gsl objects don't display the same intensity of damage effects when they are hit or destroyed, when compared to the same object being placed as an object separately in the mission.

These transparent objects can give you some of those missing damage effects back, without having to repopulate your target area with mission layout copies of all the gsl objects.

Simply place these "priority" targets in the immediate attack area, & when damaged & destroyed they should yield pleasing visual results (as they are mission placeable objects, not gsl objects).

Priority_Tgt_ammo_UT
    Priority_Tgt_POL_UT
    Secondary_Tgt_ammo_UT
    Secondary_Tgt_POL_UT

Another duplicate set of invisible objects are set in their DP as "non-target" objects. This means you or the AI can't target them, but they can still be damaged/destroyed. So these items can be used as hidden "FX generators" when you're creating a mission where you are attacking a gsl target, & find the resulting damage FX "disappointing".

GSLTGT_FX_generator_ammo_typeA_UT
    GSLTGT_FX_generator_ammo_typeB_UT
    GSLTGT_FX_generator_POL_typeA_UT
    GSLTGT_FX_generator_POL_typeB_UT

Another troublesome issue can be torpedo attacks in harbours or close inshore. Now these are intrinscically difficult strikes to carry out (due to terrain features in the area), but the CFS 2 AI attack profile can make these just about impossible. The AI likes to approach the target from an angle off the bow or stern, & never really performs a true beam-on torpedo strike. I'm guessing the strike profile the sim uses assumes the target will always be a ship manoeuvring in open waters.

IIRC The Virtual Navy & Talon devised an invisible MTB they used as a target unit for Pearl Harbour missions to "fake" the AI into carrying out beam-on torpedo attacks on static ships. But the "VN_Dummy" uses one of those precious Ship Model slots, so I tried to create some invisible Infrastructure Ships to use as the same Torpedo Attack targets. As they are infrastructure ships, they won't show up on the radar plot as Ships, but because I gave them suitably high Priority numbers, they should still get the attention of your AI flights.

Using these "invisible" infrastructure ships, we can give the AI a higher priority target, on a heading it wants, in order to perform a successful harbour torpedo strike. Simply place one over the target vessel & adjust the heading until to get the desired AI attack profile you want.

Note: As these are infrastructure ship objects, they will only work if the target vessel is static as well. If the target is already underway, the effect is lost.

Torp_priority9_tgt_UT
    Torp_priority8_tgt_UT

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

UncleTgt
    SEP 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Priority Target Objects UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

A very useful set of objects to increase the eyecandy effect in missions!

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    A very useful set of objects to increase the eyecandy effect in missions!
    Indeed! Thank you, UncleTgt!!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

That's got me thinking about whether the "Invisible Tender" model could be used to persuade kamikaze attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by RWILLS View Post
    That's got me thinking about whether the "Invisible Tender" model could be used to persuade kamikaze attacks?
    My son reads the CFS2 ans says there is Kamikaze attack package already made.

He also hopefully the new objects help the AI planes hit the gsl structures as the tend to just fly over them and target something else.Talon has a work around in his mission building notes.

As for torpedo attacks in harbors,he says it takes a lot effort at times to figure out the angles and heights to make them successful.He says he hasn't seen anyone except his uncle ( Talon ),TheBookie and himself do it.

Hiede

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    My son reads the CFS2 ans says there is Kamikaze attack package already made.

He also hopefully the new objects help the AI planes hit the gsl structures as the tend to just fly over them and target something else.Talon has a work around in his mission building notes.

As for torpedo attacks in harbors,he says it takes a lot effort at times to figure out the angles and heights to make them successful.He says he hasn't seen anyone except his uncle ( Talon ),TheBookie and himself do it.

Hiede
    Yes, I was aware of existing methods to create Kamikaze attacks, but it's always potentially useful to have different ways to make the AI work. The same as torpedo attacks which are already able to be done, but these new objects provide an additional useful tool to control the AI. Different aircraft and scenarios regularly produce new problems where a method no longer works in the desired way, especially when trying to create historically accurate missions. I've found the Swordfish and Vildebeest to be the most reliable/easiest AI torpedo bombers for tricky situations such as harbours etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RWILLS View Post
    Yes, I was aware of existing methods to create Kamikaze attacks, but it's always potentially useful to have different ways to make the AI work. The same as torpedo attacks which are already able to be done, but these new objects provide an additional useful tool to control the AI. Different aircraft and scenarios regularly produce new problems where a method no longer works in the desired way, especially when trying to create historically accurate missions. I've found the Swordfish and Vildebeest to be the most reliable/easiest AI torpedo bombers for tricky situations such as harbours etc.
    From what I understand the torpedo attack method was first done when the PHP( Pearl Harbor Project ) was first started,2003-2004.The planes used were Japanese torpedo planes.My son's Rabaul torpedo attack missions were USN torpedo planes ( TBF ) and the older USN torpedo plane at the harbor at Tulagi.The method seems to still work after 18-19 years and a 12 year old can do it.

Hiede

Icon22 Reply....

UncleTgt,

The work you continue to do for this old sim never ceases to amaze, thanks!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Icon22 Reply...

UncleTgt,

Thank you for this cool enhancement to the original texture!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Andrew,

Maybe we just need some more detailed replacement options ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new_18mx6m_oiltank_gry_UT.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 7