Early start to the Silly Season?

Thread: Early start to the Silly Season?

Early start to the Silly Season?

So Seb decides to retire at the end of 2022.
    Fernando signs with Stroll for three years starting 2023.
    Alpine announces young Oscar will be driving for them alongside Ocon in 2023.
    Oscar announces that he "WILL NOT!" be driving for Alpine next year.
    The rumor mill has Oscar moving to McLaren (Bad move Oscar!) and Danni Ric returning to Alpine (Do it now Mate!).......
    Netflix will love this plot line, 'Days of Our Lives' in EffWun!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Icon2

Add a McLaren 'junior' team to the list with a former Indycar driver....

Officially 'confirmed', the Honey Badger will not be driving for McLaren in 2023, which can only be a good thing for Daniel.
    If he doesn't get a ride he will have somewhere around US$21M in his bank, OTOH he might end up with Alpine, be nice if he rejoined that team and cleaned up the McLaren clock(s).

In a fit of total stupidity (Unusual for MotoGP) DORNA announced that the 2023 season will see the introduction of the idiotic 'Saturday MotoGP Sprint Race' replacing one of the free practice sessions.
    Most riders are unimpressed, a half GP distance 'race' worth half points doubles the chance of damage to to both man and machine possibly hurting chances in the main event.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Officially 'confirmed', the Honey Badger will not be driving for McLaren in 2023, which can only be a good thing for Daniel.
    If he doesn't get a ride he will have somewhere around US$21M in his bank, OTOH he might end up with Alpine, be nice if he rejoined that team and cleaned up the McLaren clock(s).

In a fit of total stupidity (Unusual for MotoGP) DORNA announced that the 2023 season will see the introduction of the idiotic 'Saturday MotoGP Sprint Race' replacing one of the free practice sessions.
    Most riders are unimpressed, a half GP distance 'race' worth half points doubles the chance of damage to to both man and machine possibly hurting chances in the main event.
    Yah it's getting interesting now!
    I wish Danny Ricc had stated with Red Bull as it would have been interesting to track his trajectory with Max in comparison with Webber and Vettel.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Nobody is forcing them to get on a bike and drive as fast as they can...
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Nobody is forcing them to get on a bike and drive as fast as they can...
    Agreed Ferry, but the riders are not at all impressed and the possibility of injury or machine damage is very real.
    Plus there is the matter of reward to risk factor for taking part in an event that is not covered in any contracts at present.
    And of course, how much money (if any) do the riders get paid for taking part in an extra race on a relatively busy weekend?
    I would think the rookies would be fired up and taking risks out of proportion to the reward of a miserable 10 points......'win it or bin it' could be their motto.
    Personally I can't see the necessity of adopting a piece of Effwun stupidity in the best form of Motorsport for (apparently) a grab at extra money.

After watching the Spa F3 sprint race yesterday the repair bills for the juniors must have been expensive.
    Damaged and written off machinery littered the circuit and the most laps were lead by the safety car.
    I quite like both F3 and F2 but dislike 'sprint races' any any form.
    I'll get orf me soapbox now......

Members who have read this thread: 0