Enterprise and Wake

Thread: Enterprise and Wake

Enterprise and Wake

Working on a Big E mission,bringing wildcats to Wake, my son decided to do the air defense of Wake also.He found a map where all the anti aircraft guns and coastal guns were placed.It also shows where they were moved to on certain days of the battle and where command posts and hospitals were.He has done a layout of this.The newer scenery is being used for 1941/He also found the co ordinates are wrong for the runways in mission builder.From 1 runway you start off shore in the water and the planes blows up,he has corrected 1 runway so far.

Hiede

Mea cupla

Yes, unfortunately I only just learnt that the airbases.dat entry is actually the centre point of the runway, not the takeoff position, so you'll find those sorts of errors across a lot of my scenery packages I'm afraid.

Still at least they're getting some use ...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Yes, unfortunately I only just learnt that the airbases.dat entry is actually the centre point of the runway, not the takeoff position, so you'll find those sorts of errors across a lot of my scenery packages I'm afraid.

Still at least they're getting some use ...
    My son is using your scenery in his Big E Campaign also.He has learned how to fix the airbase data so no problem.

Hiede

I like the scenery, there's a lot of work in there. But also the Midway Scenery is very good Too bad we will never have a reimaged campaign of the original CFS 2 campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    I like the scenery, there's a lot of work in there. But also the Midway Scenery is very good Too bad we will never have a reimaged campaign of the original CFS 2 campaigns.
    Part of the USN Campaign was done by Talon.My son was flying it last year.New ships,planes and scenery were used from what he said.

I understand you redid the Coral Sea he did.Why don't you redo the original campaigns?

Hiede

Some screenshots my son took of defending Wake.

Hiede

Nice action shots Hiede.

Which "Nell" model is his victim in these screenies?

Nice shots!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Nice action shots Hiede.

Which "Nell" model is his victim in these screenies?
    UncleTgt

It took me awhile to find it in the library,it's by wolfi.

Hiede

Another pic of action at Wake.

Hiede

Nice smoker!!! 😋

Members who have read this thread: 0