Thread: Halo effect

Halo effect

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (574).jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	88042

Hi All

I am seeing a halo effect on aircraft particularly on the ground. Wondered if anyone has this or if it's just my settings?

Try turning off the motion blur effect in General > Graphics.

Would be nice stronger NAV (strobe) lights
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Looks like TAA ghosting to me but hard to tell from a still image. What are your antialiasing settings and are you on SU9 or SU10 Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Would be nice stronger NAV (strobe) lights
    Agree the white flashing wingtip strobes on the F-35 are VERY BRIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Try turning off the motion blur effect in General > Graphics.

Motion blur is selected as OFF already

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Looks like TAA ghosting to me but hard to tell from a still image. What are your antialiasing settings and are you on SU9 or SU10 Beta?

SU9 and Antialiasing is TAA

Can you try another antialiasing option and see if the issue persists? Each antialiasing type is going to have upsides and downsides but you might prefer the look of FXAA or DLAA. DLSS is just around the corner in SU10 as well.

Can you try another antialiasing option and see if the issue persists? Each antialiasing type is going to have upsides and downsides but you might prefer the look of FXAA or DLAA. DLSS is just around the corner in SU10 as well.
    I see this halo effect on every aircraft under differing lighting conditions and viewing angles. A known issue in MSFS.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Thanks - will try

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I see this halo effect on every aircraft under differing lighting conditions and viewing angles. A known issue in MSFS.
    ok thanks - good to know

Members who have read this thread: 0