KHVN Tweed New Haven Airport

Thread: KHVN Tweed New Haven Airport

Hybrid View

KHVN Tweed New Haven Airport

I decided to fly Avelo Airlines B737's a nice small airline that fllies to both Myrtle Beach and Wilmington airports and its hub is KHVN in New Haven Connecticut. Well, after a thorough search, there is only one version for FSX/P3D(V1-4) and its 11 years old and was only an update to the default airport. Dusted off the ol' trusty Google Earth and Sketchup and started to create an up to date version. (Now that KPXE is completed and posted).

I almost thought that I didn't have to...there are two new versions: ORBX and Vref. Problem though...both are MSFS2020. Nicely done too bad.

Here is a screenshot of the terminal as completed in MDCx my first completion.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I decided to fly Avelo Airlines B737's a nice small airline that fllies to both Myrtle Beach and Wilmington airports and its hub is KHVN in New Haven Connecticut. Well, after a thorough search, there is only one version for FSX/P3D(V1-4) and its 11 years old and was only an update to the default airport. Dusted off the ol' trusty Google Earth and Sketchup and started to create an up to date version. (Now that KPXE is completed and posted).

I almost thought that I didn't have to...there are two new versions: ORBX and Vref. Problem though...both are MSFS2020. Nicely done too bad.

Here is a screenshot of the terminal as completed in MDCx my first completion.

There is obviously ORBX KHVN for P3D v4 and 5
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

But It's Not For FSX and P3D V1-3

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    There is obviously ORBX KHVN for P3D v4 and 5
    Its not FSX or P3D V1-3 and you have to BUY it. Mine will be free for all to use and probably should work in P3D V4 as well. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Its not FSX or P3D V1-3 and you have to BUY it. Mine will be free for all to use and probably should work in P3D V4 as well. Thanks for taking the time to comment.
    ORBX in P3d4.4: other than runway/taxiway layout and static vehicles, the terminal and buildings are very generic

Custom Buildings

I am making the hangers and buildings as accurately as I can with the photos that I have available so they will be much better than default or generic ones. Just finished the Fly The Whale Hanger on the GA apron.

Last edited by tgycgijoes; July 26th, 2022 at 14:50.

Being from Connecticut, I am looking forward to your new Tweed New Haven airport!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0