I would love this one in MSFS

Thread: I would love this one in MSFS

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

I would love this one in MSFS

One aircraft not mentioned on wishlists is the venerable Curtiss Jenny.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I would love to see that as well! At this time, there are close to a dozen flying examples in the US (original and replica), and so many drawings and detailed construction photos easily available online.

Asobo/Microsoft have stated that over the next several years they plan on working with the Smithsonian to bring examples of aircraft within the Smithsonian's collection into MSFS, and modeling those aircraft using laser scans of the actual aircraft. It would be neat to see if the Jenny ends up being one of those, since the Smithsonian has a very original example. BlueMesh, which has modeled the Ryan NYP "Spirit of St. Louis" for the upcoming 40th Anniversary MSFS addon, using laser scans of the actual aircraft (milometer accuracy), recently stated that the Ryan NYP is not the only aircraft they are working on for that addon, and more will be announced soon (Asobo/Microsoft have said that there will be more aircraft included with that addon which haven't been announced yet). Since we already know that the 40th Anniversary addon will be containing the DC-3, Wright Flyer and Ryan NYP, the Curtiss Jenny seems like it would also be a natural choice for that addon, since it continues within the same line of vintage types included in FS2004 (speaking of which, it would be nice to have a brand new, highly accurate/detailed de Havilland DH.88 Comet too).

Jorg did say in the vid blog from the Smithsonian that there would be some surprises WRT MS flight sim 'legacy' aircraft coming to MSFS.
    At a point when they were talking about the Ryan Spirit, the DC-3 and 'others' they were planning to re-introduce.
    Seeing that they now have a partnership with that venerable museum and its vast collection I would expect the Jenny to be among those others at some point
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

The video for anyone who missed it

Members who have read this thread: 0