Using Instant Scenery in P3D5

Thread: Using Instant Scenery in P3D5

Using Instant Scenery in P3D5

Want to know if instant scenery will work with P3D V5.3 HF2? If so, how good is it at adding objects and adding custom objects?
    Thanks

Short answer - NO. Instant Scenery was/is a 32 bit program and will not work with P3D which requires 64bit. The developer apparently was not interested in updating or rebuilding it for 64bit machines.

I kept it and FSX and all my scenery object libraries so I can still build new scenery in FSX and then port it to P3D if I want to.

Sim Director in P3D will let you do the same thing but it is not as flexible and there is a lot to get to used to to use it! You can do a lot with ADE too if you know it well.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Short answer - NO. Instant Scenery was/is a 32 bit program and will not work with P3D which requires 64bit. The developer apparently was not interested in updating or rebuilding it for 64bit machines.

I kept it and FSX and all my scenery object libraries so I can still build new scenery in FSX and then port it to P3D if I want to.

Sim Director in P3D will let you do the same thing but it is not as flexible and there is a lot to get to used to to use it! You can do a lot with ADE too if you know it well.
    Thanks for the reply. I have recently become aware of Sim Director and ADE via Youtube tutorials. I wish that ADE had a better interface (GUI) that resembles Instant scenery.

Yep, Instant Scenery was a brilliant little program, easy to use and very very good at doing out of the way scenery additions etc etc. A great tool! Sorely missed now in the 64 bit world of sims. Sim Director is ok but a little clunky at the moment, I could not even get it to work until they update P3D to V5.3 because of its library logic.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Yep, Instant Scenery was a brilliant little program, easy to use and very very good at doing out of the way scenery additions etc etc. A great tool! Sorely missed now in the 64 bit world of sims. Sim Director is ok but a little clunky at the moment, I could not even get it to work until they update P3D to V5.3 because of its library logic.
    I still use WhisPlacer. I can use live view in P3D5 and place objects. There's no 64Bit problem with this old piece of software if you use the compiler from P3D5.

Dan

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...onware.444742/
    Last edited by blaunarwal; July 31st, 2022 at 23:34. Reason: add link to WhisPlacer
    WIN11, P3D5 on SSD
    Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, i13900K, Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
    KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, 64 GB DDR5-5600, Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

That is fine and good that you can use Whisplacer for P3D but when I tried to install it was looking for FSX location. Sure, I can point it to P3D5 location but I see no guarantee that the out come
    will be better then favorable. It was intended for FSX. I think it was replaced by ADE. Some of the library files are old and archaic (i.e. of the FSX generation).

I found a a tutorial (In German) -
    Ich verstehe kein Deutsch

Members who have read this thread: 2