Stock aircraft of not much use in Europe

Thread: Stock aircraft of not much use in Europe

Stock aircraft of not much use in Europe

For some reason I always thought that stock aircraft had to be present in a fresh install of CFS2 until I noted a couple of campaigns totally deleting them. In a trial I have deleted the stock aircraft and deleted their names from the mdlnames.txt. This seems to work as they are no longer requested when the program is run.

Is this all there is to it or is there some other pitfall I need to know about??

A number of add on aircraft, including those for Europe, use an aliased sound file from one of the stock planes. Instead of deleting the stock planes entirely, I just delete everything in their folder except for the sound file. CFS2 does not count the removed models in the total aircraft count and there are no failure to load issues with those planes that are using an aliased sound file.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

SOH-CM-2023
    I stored all my sounds external seperate from CFS2 installs und linked them via the respective aircraft.cfg.
    Therefore, no stock aircraft is required actually but, I think one have to be careful of stock aircraft used as objects.

br

Library Staff
    I think Mission Builder still needs the stock Zero. When it can't find an object, it asks if you want to replace the object with the Zero.

IIRC Mission Builder defaults to the 1st aircraft in alphabetical order but worth checking.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thanks all

Hi all

Yes Captain Kurt , I found that issue after my Post, I re-aliased my aircraft to those with actual sound so got them back working but your alternative will be useful. I don't think Ill be using mission builder for some time with all the magnificent work done by others to keep me busy for a while!!!

Thanks again all, your quick responses are very much appreciated

Murray

Members who have read this thread: 0