Older 32bit programs under windows 10 64 bit

Thread: Older 32bit programs under windows 10 64 bit

Older 32bit programs under windows 10 64 bit

Aircraft Container Manager ACM

If you have the “Aircraft Container Manager “(ACM) but you can’t install the software on windows 10 64bit
    Here is the workaround. It works if you have the program installed on a windows 7 - 32bit or older system.
    Step one: Go to the program folder of your older windows system and look for the folder “dvdata” that’s the folder where my ACM was installed, copy the whole folder on a USB stick. Then use your windows search for this three files: vcl40.bpl, vcljpg40.bpl and vclx40.bpl. copy those files into the ACM Program folder on your USB Stick. Finally, you need your serial number (if you have this number on your old PC)

Step two: Start your windows 10 64 bit, go to the “Program (x86)” and past the “dvdata” folder in it. Than click on the “AircraftContainerManager.exe” the program will start and ask for the” in and export” folder of your Flight simulator. My CFS2 sim is on drive “E” in my case ACM recognized only the drive “E:/” so I have to type the folder in manually E:/ COMBAT FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2.
    After this ACM will list all your installed aircraft.

Step three: activate the program with your serial number (you will find the activation under “Options”) close and restart the program, it should now work as before

(You can find vcl40.bpl, vcljpg40.bpl and vclx40.bpl by google or another search engine and then download those files)

wolfi

wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Thanks for this wolfi, good to know. Karl-Heinz did say a long time ago he was going to migrate the program to 64-bit but it never happened afaik.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0