cutscenes.xml

Thread: cutscenes.xml

cutscenes.xml

I assume that I can delete all irrelevant countries to any install that I am making, It will save me a lot of time not to add airbases to those, and also to delete all xxx36 entries, etc.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Yep. Make sure the country list matches in the NEK.xml or whatever single mission campaign you specify in the game.xml. Also match countries in the country.xml and pilotconstants.xml

Do I need to match the NEK xml if I am only using limited nationalities; for instance Axis, only Germans, Allies, Poles, etc., + Commonwealth and I suppose USAAF. No esoteric nationalities if one doesn't count Kiwis!

SOH-CM-2020
    You can edit the nek.xml to limit to just the nationalities you want. All I was saying is that its good to have all the mentioned files consistent in the countries used/referred to. And of course this is good news for the cutscenes.xml, keeps it smaller!

So I have also deleted all Axis airfields from Allied cutscenes and visa versa. The cutscenes is definitely much smaller and esier to add appropriate airbases only to the necessary countries. I will have a look at the NEK files, etc., as I know that some could be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Yep. Make sure the country list matches in the NEK.xml or whatever single mission campaign you specify in the game.xml. Also match countries in the country.xml and pilotconstants.xml
    While I had no issues with the cutscenes.xml trim (Notepad++ makes the job easier!), my attempts with country.xml were not so good so far, and had to put back my original. Maybe I made an error somewhere. I don't see a need to mess with the pilotconstants.xml

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    While I had no issues with the cutscenes.xml trim (Notepad++ makes the job easier!), my attempts with country.xml were not so good so far, and had to put back my original. Maybe I made an error somewhere. I don't see a need to mess with the pilotconstants.xml
    There is a list of flyable nations in the pilot(?? constants or attributes ??). I just like to have all places where countries are listed, to be consistent. Sorry this is all from memory as I'm not on my CFS3 computer (usual security paranoia).

Members who have read this thread: 0