Sim Update 10 BETA Now Available - Release Notes + Info

Thread: Sim Update 10 BETA Now Available - Release Notes + Info

Sim Update 10 BETA Now Available - Release Notes + Info

RELEASE NOTES 1.27.9.0

If you are playing on PC, some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior.

Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

• Various improvements have been worked on for DX12 around stability, performance and memory usage while we keep working on the feature. KNOWN ISSUE: graphic artifacts prevent you from enjoying the game in VR with DX12 enabled at the moment. We’re investigating this issue.

• You can now add secondary windows on the left and right sides of your main window, to enlarge your field of view, especially when you use several monitors. This option can be triggered via the Experimental option menu in game.

• Nvidia DLSS is now available as an anti-aliasing and upscaling option on PC.

• We implemented a new cloud layer system that will provide more vertical precision at low altitudes to better reflect the various cloud altitudes and thickness close to the ground.

• We fixed several systems related to the bush trip activities including save system improvements (cross platform/cloud save + autosave from last waypoint/poi), overall progression system improvements and making sure we refuel after each leg completion.

• The VFR map has been updated to include a number of new quality-of-life features thanks to Working Title, as well as add compatibility for the G1000 NXi external flight plan system.

• The G1000 NXi is now the default G1000 in the simulator! This brings a number of features to the G1000, taking it close to the real NXi unit, including: VNAV, procedure turns, holds, arc legs, visual approaches, accurate autopilot/modes, full RNAV, and much, much more.

• New key mapping options are now available for the taxi and navigation ribbon visual assistances and the display of multiplayer nameplates.

• All in game moving boats now have a wake effect on PC. Note that not all boats are moving in the world.

• Low power mode is now available for PC users via the Experimental option menu in game. While in the menu, this option now displays a blurred image instead of the hangar in the background. Other options and behaviors are available to reduce the sim’s power consumption: you can enable VSync, framerate is limited to 20FPS when you minimize the window, and it’s divided by 2 when you launch a download.

• The encryption of cfg files for premium and deluxe planes as been removed so the behaviour of those aircraft can be modded.

• A new Spotlight Event landing challenge is available for you to fly, featuring the Cessna Citation CJ4 landing at Entebbe International Airport in Uganda. Due to the low cloud cover, this challenge requires the use of ILS in order to successfully land.

• A new package ordering system is also available on PC via the Experimental option menu in game.

• We now have an in-game survey link on PC that will help us collect feedback.

+ Much more, I couldn't post the full patch notes

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...-27-9-0/528823

Apologies for the poor formatting, I am unable to edit the original post to fix it (it just remains blank when I click Edit)

How to join the BETA
    MICROSOFT STORE OR XBOX

1. Open the ‘Xbox Insider Hub’ on your PC or Xbox (or install it via the Microsoft Store if you do not have it yet).
    2. On the left side, click ‘Previews’.
    3. Look for ‘Microsoft Flight Simulator Beta’ and select ‘Join’ or ‘Manage’.
    4. From the list of Groups, select ‘Microsoft Flight Simulator – Sim Update 10’ and click Save.
    5. Wait for the registration to complete, then restart your Xbox console or PC—this prompts the Store to refresh and get the update.
    6. After restarting, launch Microsoft Flight Simulator and you’ll be prompted to update.
      • If you don’t wish to restart immediately after joining, you can wait a few hours for the Store refresh and get the update, then launch the game.

If you would like to leave the pre-release test before it ends and re-install the live build, follow these instructions:

1. Open the ‘Xbox Insider Hub’ app.
    2. Navigate to ‘Previews’ > ‘Microsoft Flight Simulator Beta’ .
    3. Select ‘Manage’.
    4. On the left side, select ‘Leave preview’.
    5. Wait for the unenrollment to complete, restart your Xbox or PC, then launch the game.

PC Users: If not on a Custom path, you will have to reinstall the sim to restore the prior build.
    STEAM

1. Open your Steam Library
    2. Right-click Microsoft Flight Simulator
    3. Click “Properties”
    4. Click “Betas”
    5. Select “flight_sim_beta – Sim Update 10”

If you would like to exit the pre-release test before it ends and revert back to the live build, follow these instructions:

1. Open your Steam Library
    2. Right-click Microsoft Flight Simulator
    3. Click “Properties”
    4. Click “Betas”
    5. Select “None”

I have the Steam installation. I see the SU10 beta option but it's asking me for a key. Do you need to register somewhere?
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    I have the Steam installation. I see the SU10 beta option but it's asking me for a key. Do you need to register somewhere?
    You should see two options, one is a drop-down menu that by default should be set to "None" and the other is a text field. If you click on "None", it should open the drown-down menu and allow you to select the SU10 beta. Then just close the tab and an update for MSFS should start in the background. No access code is required, you can leave that field blank.

Thanks, never figured that it'd happen automatically in the background. With PC we are quite conditioned to confirm everything.

Going in now, DLSS and the NanoVG thing are most interesting to me. First reports of DX12 are also positive with regard to performance.

Download is 11.36GB in the sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    Thanks, never figured that it'd happen automatically in the background. With PC we are quite conditioned to confirm everything.

Going in now, DLSS and the NanoVG thing are most interesting to me. First reports of DX12 are also positive with regard to performance.

Download is 11.36GB in the sim.
    Steam recently got rid of the "Apply" button in that menu and I really don't understand why.

In the few minutes I had to test to the beta, my initial impressions are good. Better performance overall while running DX12 with DLSS on Performance mode. Clouds and atmospheric effects seem much nicer, the F-18 was updated to include a HMD, other users in multiplayer are now visible on the VFR map and there is an option to toggle the fading when flying in close formation in multiplayer. Can't wait to spend some more time with it and do some more thorough testing this evening!

Performance seems quite good. Getting some artefacts though. I think my CPU is very much on the limit. Bottlenecks my system quite a bit by now.

Will try DX11 + DLSS combo now. And I still need to try the DC-6 with the NanoVG mode. If I am not mistaken PMDG said that might lead to noticeable gains for their addon as well and it was previously only available in dev mode.

The encryption of cfg files for premium and deluxe planes as been removed so the behaviour of those aircraft can be modded.

Apologies for the poor formatting, I am unable to edit the original post to fix it (it just remains blank when I click Edit)
    That's because the text contains non-ascii characters such as slanted quotes. It kills the edit and quote functions.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I'm getting 20fps more with DX12 and DLSS vs DX11. Seems like quite a stable beta at the moment....
    Craig

Tried it and found the vr map window was messed up so uninstalled the whole thing. Reinstalled sim and found that it also reinstalled the beta and now that vr map window is great with added detail such as ILS freq. and a search function.

As for performance, about the same as before but tried DX12 and it did not hit as hard as before and fps were equal to 11 for me. Not sure what good 12 is so will stick with 11 for now.

I did not go to the content section and add all the missing items, almost afraid to now that it is working so well with the added features.

Blog Entries
    The beta seems to have got rid of that shimmering in the mid distance when using VR.

Hi Guys,

I don't do beta's, but I'd like to know: does the DLSS indeed offer that performance gain? I'll wait till the 23rd of August for the SU10 to be released, but I'm curious!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Hi Guys,

I don't do beta's, but I'd like to know: does the DLSS indeed offer that performance gain? I'll wait till the 23rd of August for the SU10 to be released, but I'm curious!

Cheers,

Priller
    With your 3080ti, it's not going to be as significant an improvement if you had something like a 2060, but it depends on what settings you are running in the sim and what frame rate you are targeting. You should see improvements because of the optimization of DX12 and memory usage though. Lower end cards will get the most out of DLSS implementation.

Btw.
    At approximately noon PT (1900Z), we will be releasing a new test build to those players who are participating in the optional Sim Update 10 beta. You can read the details here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...ummOmS8VeRoV1E
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0