Alternative textures for Mr Ito s Reggiane Re.2001 Falco II

Thread: Alternative textures for Mr Ito s Reggiane Re.2001 Falco II

Alternative textures for Mr Ito s Reggiane Re.2001 Falco II

As several people here asked for the textures I did long ago for Mr Ito's Reggiane Re.2001, I have uploaded them in the FS2004 section of our library.

The package contains the same textures in 32 bits and 16 bits format. Although Mr Ito doesn't allow conversion of his models into models for combat sims, the dtx3 16 bits textures can be used in CFS2.

Cheers,
    Huub

Like the textures for the Reggiane Re2001, I had made a set of textures for Kazunori Ito's Macchi MC.200 Saetta on my Hard-Disk already for a very long time.

I have uploaded these textures in the FS2004 section of our library. Like the Re.2001 package the package includes the textures in 32 bit format for FSX and FS2004 and I have included the same textures in dtx3 format, which are usable in FS2002 and CFS2.

Enjoy,
    Huub

Library Staff
    Thanks very much Huub for the beautiful liveries - well done!

Kevin

Excellent painting Huub. Your artistry is first class.

It's a pity the models can't be made generally available for use in CFS2. It's a given to respect Ito's restriction but I've always puzzled about the logic of making combat aircraft models but not allowing them to be used as combat aircraft.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Excellent painting Huub. Your artistry is first class.

It's a pity the models can't be made generally available for use in CFS2. It's a given to respect Ito's restriction but I've always puzzled about the logic of making combat aircraft models but not allowing them to be used as combat aircraft.
    Hi Captain,

It is what it is. They are Mr Ito's creations, so I guess it is up to him what happens with them. I understood that Mr Ito was fascinated by the shape of (military) aircraft, but horrified about what they were build for. As he considered himself a strong pacifist, he didn't want his models to be used in a combat sim.
    After the murder on former prime minister Abe, I understood that pacifism is still very common in today's Japan. (Although I understand the murderer is not considered a pacifist, but somebody with pro-Chinese ideas).

Still I know some people have converted several of Mr. Ito's model into CFS2 for their own use, you could see this as a tribute to Mr.Ito's craftsmanship.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0