Dirty exhaust effects for cfs 2 jets

Thread: Dirty exhaust effects for cfs 2 jets

Dirty exhaust effects for cfs 2 jets

Does anyone know how to add this? The dp file is where iI found some type effect but not sure what to edit and if there is something else to do. Tring to add it to the Aries het foghter for fs2k4. I coverted it and flies in cfs 2 but want to add that effect.

https://simviation.com/fs2004military153.htm

Took a dp file from alphasim cf-100 and saw this:

[EXTRA.0]
    location=-1.5,-0.3,-3.5
    effect=fx_eng_exhaust_gry

[EXTRA.1]
    location=1.5,-0.3,-3.5
    effect=fx_eng_exhaust_gry
    is there something to add here or change?

The dp I am working on while elaring dped.

Demile

You need the fx file of that name in your CFS2/EFFECTS folder.

Other than that, just add the extras to your aircraft DP file, & adjust the position to match the aircraft model. For your example...

[EXTRA.0]
    location=-1.5,-0.3,-3.5
    effect=fx_eng_exhaust_gry <----- this is the name of the effect file (check it's in your CFS2/EFFECTS folder)

The effect location is: (all in mtrs from a/c model datum)

Port/Stbd (-/+)
    Up/Down (-/+)
    Fwd/Aft (-/+)

Is there a way to make it darker? the effect. I checked and the file is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by demile View Post
    Is there a way to make it darker? the effect. I checked and the file is in there.
    Yo demile;

Just a word of caution:

Testing has shown that thick smoke (of jet & SAM's) has the ability to seriously lower your frame-rates.
    I wanted thick exhaust plumes (in VN) to make the SAM's easier to spot as they spawned @ 1500 ft.

Thought this would add greatly to the stress of the pilot ("sphincter pucker-factor") as the SAM's came into view.
    - SAM was too small to see at distance ... the smoke was easy!

This is old info, back when 500MB & 1GB video card were most common.
    Had to dial the smoke WAY BACK just to prevent frame-stutter (the dreaded "slide-show effect")

Times have changed and video power is much higher now, plus the x64 architecture has drastically improved the amount of fast hardware we now have.
    I've not yet fully tested my new 6GB VRAM but would expect a HUGE improvement.

Do some testing & let us know how it comes out!

Pay attention to the f/r's!

Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Quote Originally Posted by demile View Post

fx files can be opened with Notepad. Navigate to the [ParticleAttirbutes] section & edit the values in Color Start & Color End.

Some trial & error is involved - the way the effect appears in the sim is not always as you would expect from simply altering the RED/BLUE/GREEN/TRANSPARENCY values these numbers represent.

Members who have read this thread: 0