Can I change my MSFS

Thread: Can I change my MSFS

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Can I change my MSFS

​I purchased my MSFS through Xbox But the installation finishes up like a seasick sailor's breakfast.Can someone tell me if it would be possible to switch to Steam.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I'm afraid not Pat. Once you went with a sales channel, you're stuck with it if you don't want to end up buying the sim again.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​I purchased my MSFS through Xbox But the installation finishes up like a seasick sailor's breakfast.Can someone tell me if it would be possible to switch to Steam.
    First ... try the repair function , if that not helps , try uninstall ( the way Msoft wants , click on the icon in the down left corner and then right-click on MSFS in the row ) , then reinstall it in a name-given folder on another disk then :C .... might work

p.s. donīt install as an Admin

HB

..... and donīt try to Start MSFS before you downloaded all of it , 10-12 GB

HB

It's possible to switch to Steam, but a) you will have to buy the sim again (it's on sale right now during the Steam Summer Sale) and b) any purchases made in the marketplace do not transfer over.

The Steam version is just better, it has less intrusive DRM and more freedom to install it whenever you want and you will never have to deal with the dreaded "gamingservices won't update" error that has plagued Microsoft Store/Xbox App on PC for YEARS.

It's a bit strange that the purchases don't transfer over...
    I mean, no matter if you use the MS Store or the Steam version of the sim, in the end it's just the launcher, right ?
    After you launch that launcher program, it will anyway ask you to identify yourself with your XBox Live account. I would imagine the purchases you make in the marketplace are tied to your XBox account, not your sim version. Am I wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    It's a bit strange that the purchases don't transfer over...
    I mean, no matter if you use the MS Store or the Steam version of the sim, in the end it's just the launcher, right ?
    After you launch that launcher program, it will anyway ask you to identify yourself with your XBox Live account. I would imagine the purchases you make in the marketplace are tied to your XBox account, not your sim version. Am I wrong ?
    Steam (Valve) gets a 30% cut of any purchases made via the in-game Marketplace on the Steam version. Microsoft probably has a better deal than 30%, but Valve is definitely getting a cut of each transaction made.

Purchases DO transfer between the Microsoft Store version and Xbox console version, but that's it. Nothing from Steam to Microsoft or vice versa.

Members who have read this thread: 0