Awfully quiet around here these days . . .

Thread: Awfully quiet around here these days . . .

Awfully quiet around here these days . . .

So thought I would post this screenie

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Nice screenies.

But you're right, it's awfully quiet around here these days.. As of this post there are only 4 members and 44 guests.

There's a hint that some folks are working on various projects, but no updates for some time. Sad. Guess I need to get outside and watch the grass grow.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post

Cool whrere to get eventually ?

tahnks

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Nice screenies.

But you're right, it's awfully quiet around here these days.. As of this post there are only 4 members and 44 guests.

There's a hint that some folks are working on various projects, but no updates for some time. Sad. Guess I need to get outside and watch the grass grow.
    Our N3N-3 land plane is complete and now working on the float plane version. We’ll get some screens posted soon.

Gérard,

A great screenie there mon ami. Really atmospheric, love it. Sums up popular light ac flying to me...

Beech Bonanza, over the Massif Central in the early morning light?

Cheers

Shessi

Woohoo!!!! So looking forward to the N3N!

Hi Shessi,
    Beech Bonanza, over the Massif Central in the early morning light?
    Thanks for your appreciation, but ... 25nm south of SKLA Malaga (Colombia) in the Andes at 13 500 ft - much higher than Massif Central 10:50 Local Time Gérard Nota : don't know why but today SOH refuses to "reply with quote..."

Another Colombia trip ... Gérard

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Nice screenies.

However, when I (now only occasionally) visit here, there are always about 10 x the number viewing FSX as versus MSFS or P3D (20 to 200). Which must say something about the hobby for sure!

But, for me at least, there is little of interest anymore; the halcyon days of a constant stream of new add-ons to enjoy, to repaint and discuss, are over. The reasons are well documented and understood. It's still a shame though.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Yeah it is kinda quiet. I've been quiet because I'm saving up money to buy another computer and possibly even MFFS. I just dropped in to see if anything is going on as well. Hope you are doing well.

JPMouse

I'm still intending to release my next Blackbird for FSX as well as a P3D V5.3 specific version with PBR, render to texture RSO cockpit etc.

But as noted above, not a lot of new stuff coming out for FSX.

Coincidentally, at this very moment I am having a blast "re-discovering" your SR-71 in P3Dv4.5. Love that flight model and profile.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Coincidentally, at this very moment I am having a blast "re-discovering" your SR-71 in P3Dv4.5. Love that flight model and profile.
    Well the new one will keep the flight model, I'm not sure I could improve it really, it's a challenge as it is, especially hand flying the profile to speed and altitude.

The new model is just that - a new exterior, new interior, pilot and RSO cockpit. In FSX no periscope or radar, but in P3D the RSO cockpit is pretty cool to sit in, albeit more a novelty than a fully functional navigation and recon station!

Like my page on Facebook for project updates - haven't posted in a month or too, but will be back on it again soon! https://www.facebook.com/Glowingheat

P3D:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Well the new one will keep the flight model, I'm not sure I could improve it really, it's a challenge as it is, especially hand flying the profile to speed and altitude.

The new model is just that - a new exterior, new interior, pilot and RSO cockpit. In FSX no periscope or radar, but in P3D the RSO cockpit is pretty cool to sit in, albeit more a novelty than a fully functional navigation and recon station!

Like my page on Facebook for project updates - haven't posted in a month or too, but will be back on it again soon! https://www.facebook.com/Glowingheat

P3D:

Outstanding!

Any chance of the YF-12, even if exterior model only with the SR-71’s VC?

Great shot, Lee !

RL is now keeping me busy until at least mid-October, so I too have little time to 'fly'. My system is showing it's age and no longer as reliable. I will have to build a replacement soon and then will be tempted to go the MSFS route. Hoping for some hardware pricing to drop by late fall now that the bitcoin frenzy is cooling off.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Ya never know! I did start work on a YF-12 version a long time ago, it's not out of the realms of possibility, and would sit nicely between the A-12, MD-21 and SR-71. Wihtout a dedicated VC, it could be relatively straight forward and fairly simple, although using the A-12 as it's base since the tail is a different shape.

Members who have read this thread: 0