F6f3_hellcat released by Captain Kurt! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F6f3_hellcat released by Captain Kurt!

Many thanks for this great add, Kurt
    A very nice model

Cheers
    Martin

woo whoo Thanks Captain!!

Beautifu! Thank you Captain Kurt1

Hi Captain Kurt
    Thank your efforts on this set of excellent Aircraft.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Thank you Captain Kurt.

I'm also looking forward to your son's work on the USS Enterprise campaign Heide.

Icon22 Reply...

Captain Kurt,

Wow...what an unexpected and completely amazing new rendition of the Hellcat! Downloading it today.....many thanks, good buddy!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Kurt,

Very nice! I wish that you can update it with animation in the VC and add the break apart wing logic.

Andrew

Great work Captain . Great pilot .

There are no textures for machine guns ???

Absolutely beautiful Kurt,

Superb work both on build and tex, so glad you did it in FSDS, old but still a very capable prog!

You know me, love the little details such as the pitot and drop tank strap detail, even the radio aerial mounting points and formation ID lights...many thanks for this stunner.

Andrew,
    I still can't get why people seem to think that falling off wings, tail planes and engines are remotely realistic. I bet you it will be nigh on impossible to find any gun camera footage or evidence of a wing breaking off a Hellcat. Yes, Japanese ac broke or blew up, and yes the unarmoured lighter early war ac did have structural failures, but in general ac were shot down because the pilot was injured or killed, or a critical system (ie fuel, coolant, hydraulics etc) was damaged, or there was a fire. CFS2 replicates this quite well, without major components being blown off!.

Fani,
    Yes, I was thinking the same thing, but if you look at colour pics from the war, you can see that some were actually polished gunmetal or chrome, so CK's ac is quite correct.

Cheers

Shessi

There was some kind of a jacket that went around the barrels (asbestos to insulate the heat maybe?). Anyway, only the end of the muzzles stuck out of the front. A close up photo I have shows it wasn't quite smooth, leading me to think it was asbestos packing. Most were actually white colored (natural color?) but by the dash 5 they had been uniformly painted blue.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I'm out of here for the next couple weeks so I'll catch you all on the backside of that.

TTFN
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Icon22

WHOO HOO...very nice thanks buddy!!!

Cheers mav

Gun coverings..........

...Capt K. Re: gun coverings. I may be wrong but I do recall reading awhile back that many of the gun barrels were covered. This was because of the corrosive effect of salt on the sea borne ships and the coral (in the PTO) dust effect on land based a\c. In fact the first thing some crews looked at were if the coverings were pierced. If they were the guns were used ,if not they would start to look at the pilot with a jaundiced eye if other planes covers were broken.

These pics should clear it up guys.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guns 2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	87884Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guns 1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	87885
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Great!

This new Hellcat is a superb addition. I want to thank all concerned. Capt.K, UncleT and any others. Right out of the box it works like a charm. Panels are super. Love the New Pilot. Apologies for this late addition to all the previous accolades. I do like to tinker some. So I've been a bit slow to add my congrats.

Capt. your new Hellcats are just wonderful! Thank you!

Thank you! Great model and awesome skins!

Any chance for some BPF skins in the future?

Members who have read this thread: 1