AH DHC-1 Chipmunk Chippy has landed 6/24 - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AH DHC-1 Chipmunk Chippy has landed 6/24

No need for arguments fellas. There are more important things in life.
    We are planning and working on a first upgrade/patch for this week.
    Thanks to all who used the correct channels to report bugs and requests.
    We hope you will be happy with the improvements.

Great! Thank You!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    AHA... I forgot I wore those things too. And all these years I thought my baldness was down to heredity! (LOL)
    Stick with the helmet excuse! I've sent you a private message, Kenneth - I hope you don't mind.

How can I load this nice lady (default MSFS) in the second place in CIV version https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/img/...allery/019.jpg ?
    Probably I need modify the weight manually and probably is not 190lb. She dosent look like this weight, probably even she doesnt like it so she decided not appear here . Maybe less? Any ideas?

Btw. short fly in Australia, look on those ground textures .... finally REX AccuSeason gives shaders for seasonal textures (I was a bit off topic of REX:AS, although I did every updates)?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Aside from chatting here I've been emailing with the AH team, but I think this thread has been a good way for everyone to discuss and come to agreement on what might be a bug. Initially a lot of folks didn't catch the flap lever. Some people didn't do long enough flights to catch the fuel issue. All that to say I don't think it's been a negative thread, it's been very helpful and some of the bugs I reported through the channels were ones brought to my attention here.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    No need for arguments fellas. There are more important things in life.
    We are planning and working on a first upgrade/patch for this week.
    Thanks to all who used the correct channels to report bugs and requests.
    We hope you will be happy with the improvements.
    Agreed. What is the correct channel to report issues to you? E-mail? Discord? FaceBook? You and I have communicated using Messenger recently (I pointed out the fairings on the Canadian undercarriage), and perhaps we can continue thus to do. But a confirmation of your preferred channel for general feedback might serve both you and the community. Keep up the good work. - Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by vipgroup View Post
    Agreed. What is the correct channel to report issues to you? E-mail? Discord? FaceBook?
    bazz can answer better than me of course, but help@aeroplaneheaven.com is their official support email on their website, so I've been making sure to use that.

Qu'Appelle Capers

Another screenshot to show off the Chippy.

In this image ("Qu'Appelle Capers"), "041" drops down into Saskatchewan's Qu'Appelle Valley to the south of Esterhazy. Although the massive province is typically characterized by seemingly-endless stretches of flat prairie, the valley (cut long ago by ancient glacial meltwaters) does offer the illusion of looking up at hills when you're in it, thus providing incredible contrast to the plains immediately to the north and south.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qu'Appelle Capers.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	474.2 KB 
ID:	87761

In 2014, flooding ravaged many of the houses along the valley. As the owner of a news business at the time, I flew around this area at low-level in a Cirrus, capturing the situation on camera. The Cirrus was fun, but I would have preferred doing it in a Chippy! In MSFS I can...

- Kenneth Kerr

Next flight!

I recommend using it with FS Realistic Pro (even with free version!), it will add a lot more sound immersion like squeaking, brakes etc. and shake animations, something like Accu Feel from A2A for P3D http://www.fsrealistic.com/.
    Last edited by YoYo; June 27th, 2022 at 12:36.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    How can I load this nice lady (default MSFS) in the second place in CIV version https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/img/...allery/019.jpg ?
    Probably I need modify the weight manually and probably is not 190lb. She dosent look like this weight, probably even she doesnt like it so she decided not appear here . Maybe less? Any ideas?

Btw. short fly in Australia, look on those ground textures .... finally REX AccuSeason gives shaders for seasonal textures (I was a bit off topic of REX:AS, although I did every updates)?

We know of a gitch in the sim where if you change aircraft using the aircraft selection drop down, the second Asobo pilot re-appears. We are looking into this for the upgrade.

Personally it's a bit more aggressive than I'd go for, but the pre-2010 paint for G-HDAE is certainly an interesting livery if someone's looking to paint something... different!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1261320-large.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	87766

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/registration/G-HDAE

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Personally it's a bit more aggressive than I'd go for, but the pre-2010 paint for G-HDAE is certainly an interesting livery if someone's looking to paint something... different!
    I saw this paint too but the nose https://i.imgur.com/1FGGwQ3.jpg will be really big challenge here ;>!

We know of a gitch in the sim where if you change aircraft using the aircraft selection drop down, the second Asobo pilot re-appears. We are looking into this for the upgrade.
    Not a big problem. Thx, however I have now DHC-1 as the "main aircraft" in MSFS (maybe I changed liveries only, not the plane). I was thinking it was her weight .

+1
    for paint kit too .

Update is out.

CHIPMUNK UPGRADEAn upgrade for the new DH Canada Chipmunk is now available. Here's the changelog:

Version 1.4.0
    - Fuel now correctly feeds from both despite the previous loaded flight or any other modifications by end user.
    - Left fuel gauge now reading correctly.
    - Compass bezels now correctly can be moved in an anticlockwise or clockwise direction.
    - Rear compass lock is now independent to the front cockpit.
    - Radios can be turned off ( NAV power is dependent on COM power )
    - Carb heat mouse issue resolved.
    - Ground/flight switch works closer to the real thing. This is important the battery is OFF when the switch is in the ground position. Power is provided by the external power source. Once in the air you cannot select ground power.
    - Number 18 on the manual is in the correct place (for the Birdcage model).
    - Copilot missing issue fixed.
    - Minor modeling and texture issues corrected.
    - AUW adjusted to 2100lbs.
    - RPM performance curve adjusted. ( Low RPM mag test now results in 75 rpm drop and overal efficiency lower at lower RPM)
    - Plain paint texture folder supplied for repainters.

Just re-download from your vendor. The Version number is 1.4.0
    I dont see info about issue with custom view and lever of flaps. Maybe in the next patch? Baz was writing about "first" patch in this week, so maybe this.

Not at JustFlight yet

I dont see info about issue with custom view and lever of flaps
    Has that actually been acknowledged by AH yet? I've only seen Baz saying it's not a bug...

Sorry, I appear to have left out the flaps. The lever and placard are now correct.
    The pilot issue has also been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Not at JustFlight yet
    Perhaps Today later, I have from JF store too. If AH sent files there is also the other side, that is the team from JF. Also not PaintKit yet, but I can wait .

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Has that actually been acknowledged by AH yet? I've only seen Baz saying it's not a bug...
    This is normal feature of MSFS (so yes, it was issue), very useful for user. I use it in my every plane. If someone didnt use it yet I recomend it. I have one key on my joystick to jump between few custom views (and it's very useful in virtual cockpit to check gauges etc, quite similar like ChasePlane or Ezdok for P3D). You can create anything up to 10 views (even external view, however this MSFS option is dedicated for VC only).

I meant the flaps, but the custom views info is interesting thanks

update at JF now
    Last edited by keithb77; June 29th, 2022 at 08:54.

Downloading V1.4.0 from Just Flight as I type.

Pilot body, custom view wasn't fixed he is present still.

I hope for the next patch. With the rest I see improvments, TY!

You are the only one recording this issue. We have had many good reports from happy VR users.

You are the only one recording this issue. We have had many good reports from happy VR users.
    Baz, to be clear, its not VR problem, I fly like that, but that's not it. The same issue you can notice on 2D screen as I wrote before, probably nobody tested it during beta testing. Yesterday I sent an email to support with process how to reproduce this problem & check it. Custom views are normal option of MSFS and it works in other models as should, if someone use it, will recive this issue (only in Chipmunk). There should be no pilot's body in the custom view, because it is impossible to look directly (check it in DC-3 too). Its not only me too, two examples found quickly:

You can contact with Anthony about how to solve it, if you havent idea, https://www.antsairplanes.com/contact.html , I remember that he was the same problem in his Drifter demo after release, after this he solved it perfectly in the first patch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Pilot body, custom view wasn't fixed he is present still.

I hope for the next patch. With the rest I see improvments, TY!
    YoYo, I've had this problem before with other aircarft, a simple fix is to change your view to something like the Landing view (I have a button assigned to it for just this very purpose). It always works for me.

Thx Ian, I'll check it , however I think "landing view" is view created by author of the model, so its defined position. Custom view allows to create own position (point of view). I never noticed it in default airplanes and my addons, the pilot body is always hidden automatically.

In order to have a pilot in front of you if you choose the rear cockpit or a pilot behind you if you choose front, we have to have the pilot nodes in the interior model. This differs from having those nodes in the exterior model as normal. This is why you are seeing the pilot in your custom view. The only way we can change that is to lose the ability to have pilots in view when in the VC. We do not want to lose this feature as it has been asked for by many people.

[QUOTE=YoYo;1292934]How can I load this nice lady (default MSFS) in the second place in CIV version https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/img/...allery/019.jpg ?Probably I need modify the weight manually and probably is not 190lb. She dosent look like this weight, probably even she doesnt like it so she decided not appear here . Maybe less? Any ideas?Btw. short fly in Australia, look on those ground textures .... finally REX AccuSeason gives shaders for seasonal textures (I was a bit off topic of REX:AS, although I did every updates)? The ground textures look great. No post processing?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 4