AH DHC-1 Chipmunk Chippy has landed 6/24 - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AH DHC-1 Chipmunk Chippy has landed 6/24

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post

And you started in on your 1:48 spitfire that your dad bought you, with a slightly shaky hand on the tube of glue hoping that you wouldnt ruin the plastic canopy with glue run off, in the knowledge that this would take a few more days or even a week but you didnt care...
    The hours as a kid invested in modeling. So many good memories.

Always fighting the glue run off!

Hope someone will do a Portuguese Air Force skin...posing back in 1965, pilot took me for a spin, first time, he wanted to have fun as for me had to be helped leaving airplane. No joy as I remember. Next flights, no aerobatics, no problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan-121011-0045.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    And the quickstart guide is downloadable from the website, if you want to get a head start!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    And the quickstart guide is downloadable from the website, if you want to get a head start!
    Right! https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/img/...ledownload.php
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It's out! Downloading 2GB right now!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Chippy has landed

After being in a holding for the last couple of weeks the Aeroplane Heaven DHC-1 has landed https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/img/...ledownload.php

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

It's out! Downloading 2GB right now!
    thx!

however Im from EU, must to wait for the other store.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Loving it! Some shots from Duxford...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2d01178a6a2b9dd40592937f78ebeb24f4199634.jpg  

Also, because audio's been a topic of conversation with AH and I was really impressed with the WWise sound here, recorded from a real Gypsy engine, I decided to toss together a quick video with sound inside and outside the plane so that people could hear for themselves what a great job Baz and team did here.

Really impressed so far; only got about a half-hour of flying in tonight, but it feels good and seems to maneuver very closely to what I've seen real Chipmunks do at airshows. And the cockpit looks great.
    Last edited by DennyA; June 24th, 2022 at 00:52.

Not on my preferred download site yet.

Just flight.
    Hopefully will be there after work.

I posted screenshots and videos in the existing Chipmunk topic, FYI:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1292736

(Not sure if this classic board software would allow the topics to be merged...)
    Nice shots, Im must be waiting .

Really great sound. Old times we started engine by hand, rotating propeller, magnets free, contact and a strong push. Had to be very careful. No explosive cartridge start...Going to buy this one, of course and hope someone will do a Portuguese skin.

Out at JustFlight now...do you think the internal sounds pitch change with rpm is right?

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Out at JustFlight now...do you think the internal sounds pitch change with rpm is right?
    Downloading as we speak.

The weekend is safe

One of the first - if not the first - addon I ever purchased for flightsim, that is FS2000 and it came in a box on CD, was this: Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and it off course featured the Chipmunk.

Ever since that day this aircraft is high on my list. Great to have it back in MSFS quality!!!

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Sent in a couple issues, namely fuel only pulling from the left tank and some minor modeling issues, but otherwise this is a good addon. Sounds great, a lot of fun to fly!

Got it, like it a lot. Fly a little, great sounds, great model, great job.
    Usually I print manuals or "guides". Easier to check things. This one is full of color images but difficult to read and to print. Not going to do it. Think a simpler one will do a much better work and of better use. And what about those big white pilots helmets? What about old classic ones?

There is a copy of the genuine original pilots notes in the documentation folder. The helmets are actually contemporary with Meteor and other British jet pilots of the period.

I'm loving the Chippie, so here's some handy hints not covered in the quick start guide.... (1) On the regular cockpit model the starter isn't where the number in the manual says it should be. It's under the big red panel saying "starter" on the right hand side of the cockpit next to the engine oil temp. (DOHHH!!!!) (2) The way to open the engine panel isn't documented. The button is on the left cockpit side electric panel marked "Morse Push". (3) Setting the Ground/Flight switch below the throttle quadrant to "Ground" (i.e. down) deploys a power generator. (4) There's a click spot on the knurled ring that is the throttle / mixture friction lock it seems to change the lighting on the knob but I haven't discovered any other effect. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    And what about those big white pilots helmets? What about old classic ones?
    Looking at them, I think they're just generic helmets. There's nothing that specifically resembles RAF bone-domes. On another point, can owners look at the upper surface of the wing, particularly between the fuselage and about halfway out. It looks very flat to me, as illustrated by the black tread panel near the wing root. Maybe it's perspective, or angle of the shot - I know that these things can vary depending on where the screenshot is taken.

I'm curious if anyone knows - a YouTuber did a review and said that they couldn't turn the battery on without a keybind, which meant they couldn't start the engine without a keybind. But I didn't have that problem. I could find no battery switch in the primary version (the one with the most liveries) but I was able to start the engine and fly without it. Their thought was that because the generator light wasn't illuminated, like it is in the version that has the battery switch, that there was a problem. I don't know enough about the Chipmunk to really know whether or not that's a bug. Everything works fine on my end otherwise.

I like it! For me another excellent model from AH, well done Baz and crew!
    jk5038 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5042 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5049 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5055 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

one small question: there was talk of a plain texture (paintkit) on your website, but where can I find that?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Finally I have it! 3 cents from my side:

1/ sounds external are really nice, but inside I see something like loop (between sound of RPM), a little annoying,
    2/ if you will use custom view (saved view), you will see a doctor and you will get new face because you will go inside of pilot (2D and VR view), need a fix (Anthony from Ants airplanes know how to solve it, he had similar problem in his drifter, finally solved in one patch)

3/ in VR view zoom doesnt work, normally is right mouse click and hold, this wasnt implemented but its in SDK

But its very nice model and definitely worth it.

Members who have read this thread: 3