Dean's Teasing Us Again! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dean's Teasing Us Again!

Looking good Dean!

I used to fly the Harrier many moons ago, if you have any questions. Not much a FBer, but feel free to hit me up if it helps.

Missed that test vid some how, great work so far.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon211 View Post
    Looking good Dean!

I used to fly the Harrier many moons ago, if you have any questions. Not much a FBer, but feel free to hit me up if it helps.
    Thanks! I'm always after information from pilots of the real deal. I have a 9,000hr USMC FA-18C and AV-8B pilot assisting and test-flying the Harrier, so we're in good hands, but will definitely contact you closer to the time if you'd like a Beta version to see what you think. Obviously MSFS does not have a native VTOL / vectored thrust system yet but ours is pretty close and certainly beats any of the other VTOL aircraft available for realism in the hover
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Thanks! I'm always after information from pilots of the real deal. I have a 9,000hr USMC FA-18C and AV-8B pilot assisting and test-flying the Harrier, so we're in good hands, but will definitely contact you closer to the time if you'd like a Beta version to see what you think. Obviously MSFS does not have a native VTOL / vectored thrust system yet but ours is pretty close and certainly beats any of the other VTOL aircraft available for realism in the hover

Well, that’s way more hours than I have in the thing, so you do indeed sound like you are in good hands! 😂

I’m pretty jazzed to hear that actually. Harriers don’t come around in sims all that often and, being close to my heart, I’m always eager that they do the little Jumpjet justice. 😁

Anyway, can’t wait. Anything you need, please feel free to ask!

Haven't read any further updates on Dean's Harrier project. The last post I read from Dean about it was that it was being processed for Just Flight to sell. So, I guess the release should be "soon"? Looking forward to this! Along with Miltech's (Maryadi) Osprey, plus the big update tomorrow, I will be busy this weekend!!! NC

Think it went to MS for the marketplace last week, so presumably JF are being 'held back' to get a simultaneous release? If so that might backfire as it will get lost in the Anniversary release...

Yeah, I think the Harrier and Wilga are imminent. Plus I'm picking up the Osprey after they release the first update. (No time to fly it right now anyway). And all of the SU11 new planes and helicopters. Not gonna be bored in December.

Broke, maybe. But not bored.

Deleted!.........
    Last edited by keithb77; November 11th, 2022 at 09:09.

Still no release date mentioned that I have read about. Anyone know more info? NC

NC, just to ask, is your message box full ?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    NC, just to ask, is your message box full ?

Yep! Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I just deleted a bunch of messages😄

NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Still no release date mentioned that I have read about. Anyone know more info? NC
    Deans facebook page says
    I am as in the dark about the launch of the Harriers as everybody else, so there is nothing that I can reveal about it. The Marketplace are launching the Harriers first and as such everybody is waiting on them. With SU11 having broken so many aircraft, the MP team are suffering a back-log in updates so I’m guessing everything is held up at the moment.
    Big mistake to lead with the Marketplace....

Apparently not a mistake to lead with Marketplace if you want to make money for your work, given the conversations I’ve had with devs.

I'm sure that is sadly the case in general, though in this case there was a window before the anniversary edition and Black Friday sales when I at least, and surely many others, would have bought it. Now it's on the 'next year' list.

But I'm biased against the Marketplace, no weapons and I've still not yet received the last product I paid for on the Marketplace...so don't listen to me

Dean, what is the plan for weapons on the Harrier and future planes? Add-on packs for Marketplace purchasers on Just Flight or Flightsim.to?

Members who have read this thread: 1